A New Maximoff

Pregnancy was the last thing she expected to go through, especially considering how single she’d been for...basically her entire life. But strange things happened, and the next thing she knows Pietro Maximoff’s on one knee and asking her to marry him. Then sped them both off to a honeymoon following a very swift reception.

What’d she expect? This is Quicksilver, we’re talking about.

And after a year of peace, with the occasional minor villain here and there, they finally found themselves settled into the Tower with a surprise on the way. The type of surprise that most would label a surprise, and others life changing. 

Because there was a baby in the mix, now.

(Name) sighed happily as she lounged on the couch, the tranquil noon air soothing. There was nothing better in the world than sprawling out on a sofa and chilling all day. And the best part was that no one could knock her for being lazy. According to the doctors, she was confined to bed/chair rest for the remainder of pregnancy. 

Which meant she got to do this kind of thing daily. She grinned at the thought, rubbing her massive baby bump in content. The TV was rolling, rain was pouring outside and the cravings were at an all-time low. Nothing could get better than this.

At least, until she realized she needed to go to the bathroom. (Name) grimaced at the feeling, slipping her phone out and searching for her man’s contact. That was one of the many down sides to pregnancy; No bathroom-ing on your own.

”Hey baby, I need your help” She texted, and in literally the half-second after she sent it, Pietro had zipped into the room. (Name) didn’t even have the chance to blink before he was right in front of her, hands on her tummy.

“Vhat is it? Vhat’s wrong? Are you hurt? Are you having contractions again? Did your vater break? Are you okay? Is the baby kicking too hard? Are you craving something? Vhat is it?!” The questions flew by a mile a minute, and she laughed, shaking her head.

“No, dear. I just need your help getting me to the bathroom, is all.” She replied simply, and for the first time in his life, Pietro had nothing to say.

“...You totally just scared me for nothing?” He realized, and she rolled her eyes. 

“Oh, please. You’re the one who started freaking out. All I said was I needed help. And now that you’re here, you can!” She concluded, holding her hands out for him to take. Pietro sighed, running a hand through his curly blonde hair before taking hers, and gently lifting her from the couch.

“How bad you need to go?” He asked her, supporting her back with an arm around her waist. “If it’s an emergency, I can get you there right n-”

“Pietro, seriously? We need to go through this again? How many times do I have to tell you-”

“-No speeding vith baby.” They said in unison, one of them a lot more sad sounding than the other. 

One of the most excruciating things for this pregnancy was how slow he was forced to take everything. Seriously; No running around with her, no moving quickly or pulling too hard, no zipping her back and forth to doctor’s appointments, the list went on and on.

Top that off with a nine month waiting period for Mini Maximoff, and you have the worst kind of torture for Quicksilver.

“Good boy.” She hummed, giving his hand a squeeze as Pietro took her into the bathroom. The business took a while, as usual, and the man could hardly stand it. Not that he had a choice; Since Wanda was out yet again on a mission with Hawkeye, he was in charge of doing all the things his sister was more than happy to do.