Two thoughts ran among his mind. One: if you were pregnant there may or may not be another guy involved. Two: if there wasn't, he would try and swoop you up before anyone else laid claim to you.

You both sat down and waited for the waitress to come around and take your orders.

"So, where are you going to college?" He asked, not wanting to lead with the question that sat in his mind.

"Well, it's just a community college a few minutes away from UCLA. Benny is going there so now I can be close by." You responded. You'd told him about Benny, he knew who that was. He got a bit frustrated now, knowing that both of his before questions might be answered within one minute.

"Oh... Benny. You're back with him, huh?" He tried to hide the sad and slightly aggravated tone in his voice, but failed miserably.

"Yeah." You smiled to yourself thinking about Benny even as you sat there with another boy.

"I-Is it Benny's? The kid?" He gestured to your swollen stomach, nodding as he spoke the word 'kid'.

"That it is." You absent mindedly rubbed a hand over your lower abdomen. It was soothing to both you and your unborn baby whenever you did that.

"Oh. So are you two hitched then?"

"... Not exactly. We're planning on it, but for now we just wanna focus on college."

He nodded awkwardly. The tension was now making things uncomfortable, and what he said next furthered the tension by far.

"I'm not from this town, but isn't it looked down on to get a girl knocked up before marriage?"

You swallowed harshly, trying to think of something - anything - to say.

"Yeah but, the town knows us pretty well. They know how we are with each other, so they don't exactly judge." You spoke. The tension faded a bit, but didn't leave completely. He nodded, but then again had a question.

"What do you mean by 'the way you are with each other'"? He made air quote with his hand to signify the words you had just spoken.

"Well.... before I went back to Phoenix, me and him were inseparable. He wasn't just my boyfriend, he was my best friend. He still is. Even when I was in Phoenix, I never stopped thinking about him. I might have a few times when I was with you, but aside from that... He was just always on my mind. It's just because we're meant to be I guess. Everyone around town knows that we ain't playing around with each other. They all know we're getting hitched some time or another. When they found out I was pregnant they were honestly real happy for us. Especially with Benny's scholarship and everything." You finished, trying to put as many words into that explanation that you could. You figured the more detailed you were, the less questions he would ask after.

Now he didn't have anything else to say. The tension completely dropped from the air and you were able to have a better conversation as just friends. He didn't push for any more information. He just caught up with you and you with him.

Eventually the waitress came around and you guys ordered your food before talking some more.

Over all, it was a good lunch, and a good conversation. He still couldn't believe how much food you ate. He had to take the rest of his food home because he couldn't even finish it.

When you were finally home, you came in the door to see about ten more boxes were fully packed and sat by the door.

"Angel I'm home, where you at?" You called through the house. Right now it was only you and him, because his mom was enjoying various episodes of I Love Lucy with your mother.

"I'm in here." You heard him call out. You went into his room and smiled to yourself. He was laying with his feet up on the headboard and a book in his hands. You walked in and sat on the bed next to him, trying to see what book he was reading. You leaned over to see the cover. It read 'Parenting for Beginners' and you couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

You pulled his head into your lap, beginning to play with the parted strands as he read.

"Its really hard for me to focus when you do that." He told you, not even taking his eyes from the book.

"Do you want me to stop?"

"No."

Again you smiled, seeing him drop the book on his stomach and turning to face your own. He just looked at it for the longest time while gently caressing it. He could not wait to have this baby with you.

"I hope it's a boy." You said, stopping your movements in his hair to lay your hand at the top of your stomach.
He shook his head, disagreeing with your statement.

"No, I hope it's a girl." He said, still looking at your white t shirt clad body.

"But I don't know any girl names." You complained, getting ready to list off about 20 names you'd come up with if it were a boy.

"Evangeline." He whispered. You almost didn't hear him, but the name you heard felt so soft and pretty.

"What?" You encouraged him to say it again.

"Evangeline. I don't know what it means, but it was my grandma's name. She went by Eva."

"It's beautiful. Now I hope it's a girl so we can name her that."

He smiled then kissed your stomach before sitting up.

"Whatever it is.... I do have to warn you I may love it more than you." He gave you a soft sweet .

"Oh darling.... I know for sure that I will love it more than you." You chukcled, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him down to the bed with you.
"That doesn't mean you will be any less in my eyes."

Oh the great adventures you two were  going to go on in your lives and this was just the beginning.