Chapter 24

OKAY SO I ALSO THINK THAT SELENA IS WHAT BENNY'S MOM LOOKS LIKE

"I got a sign." You breathed out, still clinging onto Brady for dear life.

"You did? What was it?" He asked, a smile draped across his face with every word he said.

You smirked a bit, suddenly feeling a whole lot better about this whole situation than you did about five minutes ago.

"My mom, she uh... just got placed permanently in Phoenix. She's not getting transferred back to Utah, so that means I'm staying here." You told him. When you said it out loud, it didn't sound as bad as you thought it would. Still, the thought of staying here long term, and not going back to Glendale was definitely sad for you, and you'd need some time to get over the whole thing.

"Does that mean you'll be my girl?" He was still holding you tightly to him, and at the moment that was all that was on his mind. That's all he wanted. You.

"What do you think?" You smiled genuinely at him now, seeing how happy he was to have you here with him like this.

Overjoyed, he captured your lips with his once more, making you feel lighter than you already did. When he pulled back though, his face dimmed a bit. You were slightly confused at his sudden change in mood, so you placed your hand on the side of his face, trying to regain his attention again.

"What's wrong?" You asked him, but he just shook his head.

"What about you and that Benny kid? You seemed pretty serious about him a few weeks ago."

Benny.

Could you really be with someone other than Benny? Would your heart ever truly leave his possession? Could cou ever allow yourself to fall in love with someone who wasn't your angel?

Yes. But only because he would want you to be happy. He wouldn't want you to sit around by yourself without him. He wouldn't want you to wait until you're old enough to move back yourself. He would want you to put yourself out there, meet someone new. Which you did.

"I'll talk to him, but he'll be okay I know he will."

He nodded, his smile coming back onto his face again.

This moment was the start of something new for you, and maybe it was the start of something fantastic.

-

Later that night, after you'd thought about everything for a while, you called Mrs. Rodriguez.

"Hello there, darling! It's lovely to hear from you." Her cheerful, heavily accented voice came over the phone as soon as you told her it was you.

"You too! I've really missed you guys." You said, remembering the woman who had been so kind to you all that time you were in Glendale. She was like another mother, always looking out for you and taking care of you when your Mom went away. You felt bad knowing that she'd said you'd be her daughter one day... but that might not happen anymore.

"We miss you too."

On the other end of the line, Mrs. Rodriguez was cooking over a small portion of the stove in her kitchen.

When Benny came home through the door that night, he had the biggest smile on his face that anyone had ever seen on him. He was a happy boy that night.

Earlier that day, he had done something that no one in the history of Glendale Valley had ever even attempted to do.

He pickled the beast.

He walked through the house, kicking off his shoes in his room before going to see his mom in the kitchen. He was dying to tell her the story. He was a bit confused when he walked in however to see his mother on the phone. She was usually never on the phone passed five, and it was almost six thirty as of now.