Chapter 15

Early the next morning, you arose from your long slumber. Your shoulder was in immense pain as soon as you rolled over to your arm. Your mom was awake and making breakfast in the other side of the house, so you carefully climbed out of bed and trudged in where she was.

"Morning, sweetheart. I made you breakfast, eat up then go get dressed and ready, you have an appointment at a quarter to nine." Your mom set down a plate of pancakes in front of you, and you immediately started scarfing them down.

She went into her room to take out her hair rollers, and let you to eat in peace, of course that peace wasn't really peace. You accidently reached out to grab your cup with your left arm, causing more pain to arise in your shoulder.

You sighed, now taking into consideration how much you really couldn't do. It was going to be a rough end of the summer. At least with school starting back up in a week, you wouldn't really be missing out on anything big.

Once you were finished with the delicious stack of pancakes, you pushed yourself out of your seat and went back to your room to get ready for the long day ahead of you. You pulled some clean clothes out of the dresser, and went to change into them when you caught a glimpse of your nasty shoulder bruises in the mirror. They were all different dark gross colors. Purple and blue and yellow and red. Yuck.

You finished getting ready, lacing up your shoes and walking into the living room, where your mom was waiting to leave with you.

"Alrighty then, lets get going, we don't want to be late." She grabbed her handbag from the coat rack it was hanging on, and pulled the car keys from the side pocket.

You both were on your way to the doctor's office, for an appointment that would probably only be bad news to you. You knew the outcome couldn't be good, especially with how hard that ball hit you. All you could hope for was an easy treatment and hopefully a fast recovery.

The ride was long and boring, mainly listening to your mom belting 'Can't Hurry Love' at the top of her lungs when it came on the radio. It was usually kinda funny to watch her make a spectacle of herself singing while driving down the road with the window rolled down, but today you just weren't in the mood.

You sighed with a heavy breath, shaking your head at her antics before turning your head to just stare out the window at the passing buildings in town.

Of course, the drive there was boring and when you were in the car you wanted nothing more than to get out. That was a different story once you got there. You didn't want to leave your seat once you pulled into the parking lot. Your nerves and anxiety got to you. You'd always hated having to go to the doctor, even when you were a little kid.

You were also dreading what the doctor had to say about your shoulder. Best case scenario is you probably couldn't do anything for a few months, it would heal, and you could get back to doing what you always did. Worst case would be you can never play baseball again and would have to learn to do something else in your spare time while all your friends would be outside playing the game and having fun.

You followed after your mother into the office waiting area. There were a bunch of kids just sitting there with probably just a cold. You wished you just had a cold.

Since you got there right on time, you didn't really have to wait long before your appointment time. The nurse called your name to which you and your mother walked back into a smaller examination room.

She rolled out a piece of paper onto the bench before having you sit on top of it. As if you didn't feel bad already, now you felt like a piece of deli meat sitting on this weird paper.

The nurse continued to do her work of taking notes for the doctor, getting your height, weight, things like that.

You didn't really speak at all, not that you needed to. Your mom was always chatty and told them what was wrong.