Sports Festival: The First Tests

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing!?" I ask almost shouting likely out of confusion while she creates handcuffs out of her wrist and attaches hers to mine. She grips at my chest and pushes us from the ledge. We start felling but I force dark matter into my palms and propel us to the sky before driving us to the other side of the canyon.

"Momo, don't ever do that again." I say.

"What? gripping at your chest?" She asks with a grin.

"Pushing us from the edge of a canyon!" I shout. The only thing I get in response is her giggling.

"Well, I'm not helping you anymore." I state with a pouting face.

"Hmm fair enough... In fact you'd better focus on how to free yourself." She replies.

"What are you talking abo-" I stop in my sentence as I try to move but keep stuck in place. I look down to my legs and I'm met by the sight of one-ton block chained to my ankle. I look up to Momo and gives her a look that says 'Really!?' She reaches me and boops my noise with a playful smile.

"I'm sorry Y/n, I'm sure you'll find a way to free yourself." She says before she starts running to the next obstacle, leaving me stuck here.

"Oh come on!" I say annoyed.

"YAOYOROZU TRAPPED Y/N AFTER USING HIM! ERASER WHAT DO YOU TEACH TO YOUR STUDENTS!" Present Mic shouts.

"I did not teach them that but it's well thought out."

I activate my quirk, dark matter starts twirling out of my wrists. I shape a spike out of it and use it to break the chain and free myself. 'I got tricked like a fool... The others have taken a good lead, time to speed up a bit.' I use shadow energy to enhance my speed and start running as fast as I can, overtaking a lot of students on the way.

After a minute or so I make it to the last obstacle, the minefield. Momo is already halfway to cross it. I'm going to propel myself onto the sky to cross the field flying but right before I do so, Midoriya peeks my interest as he is somehow digging the mines out of the ground with a metallic plate I assume he took from one of the robots earlier and he stacks them one over another. 'What are you trying to do here?' My eyes go wide as I realize what he's about to do.

He jumps onto the pile of mines, using the damaged robot part as a launchpad. 'Alright, I guess he's the only one guy on earth who's crazy enough to be jumping on a pile of mines.' The gigantic explosion skyrockets him into the sky, launching him forward and giving him the lead while I'm blown backwards by the blast of the explosion.

'No time to waste.' I think as I blast myself off the ground and follow him in the sky, overtaking all the students currently crossing the field. I land on the other side and sprint on the last straight line. I rush all the way through the tunnel until I reach the stadium area and the end of the race with it.

"Y/N REACHES IN 4TH! WHAT A CHANGE IN SITUATION!" Present Mic shouts while the crowd cheers me.

"Hey Midoriya, good job on ending first." I say as I walk over to him, passing by a growling Bakugo.

"Thanks Y/n!" He replies happily.

"That move you made to cross the minefield was well thought out, but... how did you know it would work?" I ask the last part.

He starts to rub the back of his neck nervously, "Well I-I didn't know it would work..." He says sheepishly only earning a smile from me.

"That's what I thought." I laugh.

"AND YAOYOROZU COMES IN THE 5TH POSITION!"

I turn around to see Momo. "I'll talk to you later Midoriya. Congrats again for the 1st place." I say as Momo walks over to me. I'm still pouting at her since she tricked me during the test.