I thought for a few minutes, then back at him. "I don't know. ...I need you."

He nodded and held me tighter. I breathed in his scent, knowing it was only a matter of time until we were no more. Moments like these I knew I'd cherish forever. Just his touch. His scent. His voice.

"I love you Andrew. I wouldn't be where I am if you werent in my life. Christ you're not even gone and I'm already breaking down." I laughed silently, wiping my tears. He squeezed me, making me giggle.

"Shhh. Come on Luce. This isn't goodbye. Don't make it that way."

I nodded and leaned up, kissing him. We must have stayed this way longer than intented. But letting go now wasn't an option. My best friend. My rock. The man who gave me more than I've ever asked. He was leaving me.

..

I stayed up late that night, bathing Maxwell and thinking of Andrew. He had to work late, maybe his last day. I knew this had to be hurting him deeply. He loved his job. But like he said, it was time to move on.

"Mommy bubble!" Max giggled as he followed a bubble floating in the air with his eyes. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I love you so much Maxwell. I hope one day when you're old enough, you'll know how much I love your father. How much he's done for me."

He just looked at me and played with the little boat that was floating in the water. I sighed and rinsed him off, pulling him out of the tub and wrapping a towel around his body.

The sound of the front door opening and closing was enough to stir Max up and get him excited to see his daddy. I giggled and picked him up, walking out of the room to see Andrew sitting on the sofa alone, looking down at something in his hands.

"Andrew? You alright?" I asked. He sighed and shook his head.

"Lucy I....I love you so much. You and Maxwell. I would never do anything to hurt you two. But....tonight I just need to be alone."

I looked at him strangley and walked over to him. "Andrew, babe what's wrong?"

"There's nothing left for me. Even you won't...." he looked at me and stopped mid sentence. I watched as he stood up and grabbed his car keys. "I'll be back alright? I have something to take care of. I love you."

"I love you too Andrew. Be back as soon as you can alright?"

He nodded and left, closing the door behind him. I sighed and looked down at Max. He was chewing on the towel and making growling noises. I tapped the tip of his nose.

"Lets get you dressed alright? We'll wait up for daddy to tell him the good news." I smiled.

..

It's been over two weeks since I've seen John. He's still been with Yoko on and off. To be honest, I don't really know anymore what's been going on with those two. I knew she knew about mine and John's friendship.

Me and John have managed to keep close for a few months now. I didn't see him too often since we were both living seperate lives. But, we still met up now and then. Had dinner and a few laughs. It was to the point that I didn't really didn't need John for sex or intimacy. It was just friendship. A shoulder to lean on. I just hope we'd still be friends after my small discovery two days ago.

..

After about an hour of waiting for Andrew, I looked at the clock and held the small stick in my hand. Maxwell asleep on the sofa. His bottom in the air. I giggled and layed him straight, pulling his blanket over his body.

I sighed, turning the t.v. off. The phone rang loudly, before I hurriedly answered it, careful not to awaken Max.

"Hello?"

"Lucy Daniels. We've been informed to call you by a mister Andrew Stephens? He's in the hospital under critical condition. We advise you come over immediately."

I dropped the stick on the floor and hung up, grabbing my coat and picking up Max in my arms.

..

I arrived at the hospital minutes later, rushing to the front desk, asking about Andrew. She gave me the floor number and the doctors name. I hurriedly made my way up, juggling my purse in one arm, and Max in the other. I was approached my a doctor who looked at me sympathetically.

Everything seemed to be all to surreal. His words echoed in my ears, my heart racing, my hand covering my mouth as I shook my head and burst out into tears. The words, Car crash, intoxicated, blood loss, convulsions, Lucy, being the last thing he said.

Max just stared at me as I cried loudly in the empty hallway. The doctor trying to console me, hugging me as I cried harder into his chest. Everything in my life taking a sudden pause, for me to just stand here and cry my heart out.

........