Chapter 21.

John walked up the steps, looking back and forth at me and Paul. He stepped into the moonlight, the glint shade making his skin glow. I opened the door and walked inside.

"Come in." I said to them both. They walked in silently, standing around the small hall as I flicked all the lights on. I walked passed them, making my way into the kitchen to make some tea. They were still being awkward. I rolled my eyes.

"Christ you two! Get a grip!" I yelled, making them jump. I turned the faucet off and set the kettle on the counter. I walked over to them and stood between the two. Christ I was tiny compared to their tall frames.

"Lucy, why is McCartney here?" John asked.

"Oh McCartney is it huh Lennon? Think you're to good to say my name?" Paul crossed his arms.

"I don't need this right now. Lucy, why is he here??" John asked again through his teeth. I sighed.

"I invited him to talk. I went to his concert tonight and we just wanted to spend a little time together since its been more than awhile since we've actually been face to face." I said to John. Then I turned to Paul.

"Paul, John is a part of my life again. I love him and you just have to accept that. Now, I'm going to go make some fuckin tea, while you both sit down out back and be those two civilized friends that you both once were."

I made my way back into the kitchen and turned the stove on, setting the kettle on the burner. I felt small flutters in my stomach. I smiled to myself, placing a hand on my mid section.

"James, if you're here now....Please watch over your baby brother." I whispered to myself.

I waited in the kitchen, leaning against the counter until the high pitched whistling brought me out of my thoughts. I was pouring the hot water into a cup, when I looked out the window to see John and Paul talking by the pool. They seemed to be loosening up the more they spent their time alone.

Christ they were like an old ex married couple. They seriously had more issues than me and John ever had. They were the two that needed to patch things up more than anyone in the group. Seeing them together again, actually made my heart skip a beat.

I grabbed my cup and decided to take a bath. My body was sore from today's activities. One of the downers of pregnancy. I got tired right away. I poked my head out the back door and let the guys know I was going to have a bath. They nodded and smoothly went back to talking.

..

I shut my eyes, letting the hot water soak into my skin. My tense muscles relaxing as I breathed easily, the smell of lavender filling my nostrils. I sipped my chamomile and poked my toes out of the bubbly water. Anytime I took a bath like this, I could still almost hear little four year old Julian calling out my name, coming over to me by the tub and finding an excuse to join me.

I'd help him strip down, pull him in with me and let him fall into my chest, cuddling in my arms as we enjoyed the warmth and love between our bodies. I opened my eyes to realise I was alone. I had to admit, there was a certain loneliness in my chest at the remembrance of a baby Julian. A baby James. The times we spent together.

I shrugged these thoughts off as I leaned my head back, and closed my eyes, letting my body relax into a dreary, aching rest.

..

I must have fallen asleep in the tub, since all I could see was John carrying me into the bedroom, sitting me up as I sleepily rubbed my eyes. He sat behind me, drying my hair with a towel as the red robe around my naked, damp body, slipped off around my shoulders.