Chapter [[2]]

Chapter Two

                                                       Monday, June 27

I stood up from my bed and paced around my room. I looked at the many, fully packed suitcases that were on the wooden floor. After we had agreed that I would live with Taylor Costel, I had packed my suitcases because the centre said that they didn’t know when Taylor would be arriving at our house, so we had to prepared for when ‘she’ came. I sighed, I’m going to have to unpack all of this stuff. There’s no way my mom will let her daughter live with a boy for the summer.

I walked down the stairs and into the living room where my mom and Taylor sat on the black, leather couch. The television was on, set to the YTV channel. Hm, Fairly Odd Parents; I like that show, I thought as I sat at the end of the couch.

"So, you're Taylor Costel?" I asked the attractive boy that sat on the other end of the couch.

He nodded, "Yes, am I right in guessing you both thought I was a girl?" He asked, an amused smile played at his lips as he looked at my mom, who sat in between us.

My mom sent him a sheepish smile, "Yes, we're sorry about that. We need to discuss some things, though; about you and my daughter, Brianna." She told him.

Taylor looked at me, "You're Brianna? I would have thought your mother had volunteered. No offense, though, but I mean, how old are you?" He asked me.

I didn't take offense to his question; it was just a question, anyway. “I’m seventeen,” I told him.

He looked at me, seeming a bit surprised. “I thought you were eighteen.” He said, not looking embarrassed at all that he thought I was older.

I shook my head and looked at him, tilting my head to the side and asked, “Aren’t you sixteen or something?”

He laughed, a deep, rich, musical sound that tingled in my ears. I smiled, feeling a bit embarrassed. “I’m actually eighteen,” He informed me.

I stared, surprised. “No offense, or anything, but you look younger than that.” I said.

He nodded, still smiling. “I get that a lot.”

“So, back on topic,” my mom interrupted. “Since we didn’t know you were a boy, Taylor, I think it would be best if a different volunteer lives with you for the summer.” She told him.

I knew it.

Taylor looked surprised, “Oh, did I do something wrong?” He asked, looking down at himself and around him.

My mom laughed and shook her head. “No, you’re perfectly fine. The only problem is that I don’t think it would be best if both you and Brianna lived together in the same house, with no one else to... watch you.” She told him bluntly.

He looked at me, and I shrugged. He then turned to my mom, “I don’t mean to offend your daughter, but I assure you I would never try anything on her.”

“And vice versa!” I pitched in, grinning.

Mom looked at me, a smile tugging at her lips. She shook her head, “No, I think it would be better if you lived with someone else. I’ll go call the centre.” She stood up and picked up the phone before dialing the centre’s number. “Hello? This is Joanne. Yes, I’m calling about Taylor Costel.” Her voice faded a bit as she went to sit in the other room.

“Brianna! Can you help me fight the bad guy?” Kyler asked, handing me the Xbox controller. I sighed, he plays that thing every single day, for the entire day. Literally.