Chapter [[1]]

Chapter One

                                                                    Monday, June 27

"Where are you going?" The blonde squeaked.

I jumped in mid-step and stopped walking down the hall.

I looked at the now open door to the janitor's closet and then at the brown haired boy who was currently walking down the hall in front of me.

"Baby, wait! Where are you going? Why did you stop? Come back, we were having such a good time!" The blonde shouted desperately.

The brown haired boy turned around and I recognized him and his blue eyes as Drew Wesley, one of the top five players of the school. Drew looked at me, before shifting his attention to the waving girl. His expression was bored and irritated and only said three words that had the girl running to the bathroom.

"Your breath stinks."

After the girl started running, he looked at me again before walking away.

I cocked my head to the side before shrugging. Oh well, he's a player. Who am I to budge into his business? I barely even know him anyway, especially since he's one year older than me, so we have no classes together.

I continued to walk down the hall and into my last class for the school day; English. English is my favourite subject, because I love to read and write. I've written novels before, so I understand grammer and spelling and things like that. I take my seat in the middle corner beside the window and take out my notebook and folder for the class.

"Alright class, take out your Romeo and Juliet play. We finished Act 3 yesterday, so today we will read Act 4, scene 1. Who will be Friar Lawrence?" Mrs. Pike - the English teacher -- asks.

A boy with scruffy brown hair raised his hand.

"Alright, who will be Paris?" A boy with black hair that was slicked back raised his hand.

"Now, who will be Juliet?" No one raised their hand.

I sighed, I guess I'll just do it again, I thought and raised my hand.

Mrs. Pike smiled at me, "Now that we have all our characters, let's start. So, Act 4 starts on a Tuesday morning in Friar Lawrence's cell, and he's talking to Paris. Friar Lawrence?" She nodded towards the scruffy haired boy.

"On Thursday, sir? the time is very short." He spoke.

"My father Capulet will have it so, And I am nothing slow to slack his haste." The black haired boy spoke.

"You say you do not know the lady's mind? Uneven is the course, I like it not." Scruffy said.

After the black-haired boy finished his speech, I cleared my throat, knowing my line was coming up. "I would I knew not why it should be slow'd.--- Look, sir, here comes the lady toward my cell." Scruffy said.

"Happily met my lady and my wife!" The black haired boy said.

"That may be, sir, when I may be a wife." I said coolly. "That 'may be' must be, love, on Thursday next." The black haired boy said. 

+++++++

"Hold, get you gone, be strong and prosperous In this resolve; I'll send a friar with speed To Mantua, with my letters to thy lord." Scruffy said.