ConMan and princess- cth

This chapter was inspired by the movie and musical Anastasia that you should totally watch cause it's so good. If you've seen the movie, Calum is Dimitri and Y/n is Anastasia/Anya. It will be a combination of both the movie and the musical so there will be many similarities from songs and the plot but I'm going to change some things myself.
----------------------

It wasn't supposed to be like this at all. It wasn't in Calum's plan. No no, the plan was for him and Michael to get out of Petersburg with their fake princess and get rich.

While it had always been a goal of Calum's to move away from Petersburg something kept stopping him. It was the place he grew up as a lonely child who had to learn how to protect himself. His father had died in a labor camp and his mother was gone before he could remember. So his childhood consisted of bartering for blankets and stealing for bread and food. His childhood taught him to be clever cause he saw if you weren't you'd end up dead.

Everywhere in Petersburg, he'd see young boys who were much like himself. Selling stolen souvenirs or working in a rough company that would teach them cons and tricks similar to the ones Calum had learned.

This city was all he'd know and as much as he hated it something in him loved it and made him stay. But this city also tells him when it's time to go. And it was time to go

The times had changed and Petersburg was different. Back then there was the Czar. He had worked for them when he was younger. He was a kitchen servant along with his dad back when was still alive. But then the people started a revolution influenced by false hope. They captured the Czar and his family and shot them.

The revolution leads nowhere. The government says that things are better but in Calum's eyes they're not. It was worse than before. People are still hungry and now dozens of people were forced to live with each other in small rooms. You couldn't complain or argue unless you wanted to disappear to god knows where.

The only thing that kept people going through the day was gossip. And a rumor had begun to emerge.

Calum had heard it from Micheal first. When another one of the Borders had closed, Calum rushed to tell him that they needed to leave while they still could. That's when Mike told him the rumor and his plan.

It had been going around that the Czar's youngest daughter, Y/n, was still alive and had survived her family's execution. It was also said that her grandmama, the Dowager Empress, would pay a reward for anyone who could bring return her granddaughter back to her in Paris.

Michael's plan was to find a girl similar to Y/n and teach her what to say. Then dress her up and take her to Paris. If they did well then the girl would be royalty and they would get the reward money. It seemed pretty foolproof.

This brings him and Michael to the old palace, listening to this girl that had come to them for travel papers to Paris. He and Michael had noticed this girl had a strong resemblance to the Princess.

"If I need more money for the papers I could work more shifts it's not a pro-" She rambled before Calum interrupted her.

"May I just ask, what is your name?" He asked.

"My name is Anya"

(I'm gonna use the name from the movie you can use your own nickname if you want)

"Well, Anya do you remember anything about Paris or perhaps why it's so important?" Michael butted in.

"Um well not really. I don't really remember much about my past. I remember waking to on a bed with nurses all around me. They said they had just found me at the side of a road. I don't know a thing before that." She said softly.