EIGHT

Two weeks before Jimin's meeting with Jin.

"I am not going through with this!" Jungkook threw his napkin down on the dinner table and walked out of the room; he couldn't believe what his husband was trying to tell him.

Jimin runs after Jungkook, jumping in front of him before he could walk into their room. "Please, listen to me, I- I didn't want it to be like this either, do you really think this is what I wanted? I mean, look at me, how do you think I feel?"

"Jimin, why? We don't need to have a child; I am okay with just you." Jungkook pulls his crying husband into his arms, he hated seeing Jimin cry, but it bothered him that Jimin wanted for him to have a baby with someone else, someone who was not him.

Since the very beginning he hated the thought of them having a surrogate, but considering that the baby was going to be one hundred percent theirs, he caved, but now that Jimin was telling him that he didn't want to use his eggs, but rather that guy's own, it threw him off. He was not okay with it.

"Jungkook, please listen to me, I want this baby, I do, besides you, I have never wanted anything else so much in my life." Jimin pulls out of Jungkook's arms, wiping his eyes and looked up at his husband. He was hurting a lot, but he was trying to hide it.

"I- I have cancer."

Jungkook had to hold onto the door to prevent himself from falling upon hearing what Jimin had told him. "What are you talking about Jimin?" he had an instant headache, Jimin couldn't have cancer, he was normal, healthy, he was himself. It was impossible.

Jimin couldn't control his tears while looking at Jungkook, "I found out not too long ago, it's not bad, baby, please don't panic, I am not going to die or anything. It's in the first s-stage." Since marrying Jungkook, that was the first time Jimin had ever told him a lie.

Jungkook couldn't talk; he had the worst headache ever, and he felt as his world was collapsing. Yes, he could hear Jimin telling him everything was going to be okay, but how could he really know that. His Jimin, his rock, his everything was sick, Jimin had never been ill before, and now he has cancer, he couldn't wrap his head around it.

"Baby, please don't worry yourself, listen to me, I am going to be okay, we are going to get through this, I am not worried, and I don't want you to worry either. The doctors were very reassuring, I have to do chemo, and everything will be okay. This is why I have been pushing for us to have this baby if we have a baby, it will help us get through this. It will make me happy Jungkook, I can't use my eggs, they have failed us many times, and I don't want our baby to end up like me." Jimin wraps his arms around Jungkook and rests his head into his chest.

Jungkook didn't respond to Jimin; he only held him and cried.

******

One day before Jimin met with Jin

"If it's going to make you happy, I will do it, but you can't leave me to be a parent on my own, Jimin." Jungkook had spent the last few weeks struggling as he found out that his husband had pancreatic cancer. He was on edge to go with Jimin to the doctor and find the best specialist that could care for him, but Jimin kept insisting that they finalize things with Jin before he started treatment.

"I promise you; I will not leave you alone to be a parent. You won't be alone, I promise." Jimin kisses Jungkook's head and fights away the tears that were threatening to leave his eyes.

"Will he agree to this? Will he want to give up the baby to us willingly?" Jungkook asked with uncertainty, he didn't know Jin, and technically the baby would be his and Jin's, would Jin want to give up the baby to him and Jimin.

"I am going to talk to him, and if he agrees, he won't take the baby from us, he is not like that. I wish you would try to get to know him more; he is a sweet person."

"Why would I try to get to know him?" Jungkook glares at Jimin. Jimin was always friendly and nice with everyone, but not him, he was never trusting when it came to others.

"W-well, he's helping us. This is probably going to be scarier for him than us."

"Jimin, you have cancer, I don't think there is anything scarier than that right now. My concern is about you, not about anyone else."

*****

current day, (three weeks after Jin's insemination).

"What does it say? What does it say?" Jimin couldn't stop pacing back and forth while asking Jin the results of the pregnancy test. This was his last chance to give Jungkook a baby, and he couldn't have it fail.

"I-I am pregnant." Jin shakingly dropped the test onto the bathroom floor. He couldn't believe he was pregnant.

Jimin grabbed Jin and plants a kiss onto his cheeks, "You are a gift! Thank you, thank you so much! I need to go call Jungkook." he said and ran out of the bathroom with tears in his eyes.

He didn't know how much time he had left, but one thing for certain he knew his Jungkook was not going to be alone, and that was all that mattered to him.

******

A/N: And the rollercoaster begins. Don't worry our Taehyung will be back very soon :) The past two chapters sped up a lot, but I needed them to.