....................................

...............................

Storeroom

Finally she decided to take a chance. She exhaled deeply and said hoping that he will remember something, "Manik"

"Manik...! Lagta hai tumhari bahut kareeb hai voh, main teesri baar sun raha hu yeh naam, kaun hai yeh?!" 

She straightened herself and walked towards a chair to sit opposite to him.

"Uss din main akeli nahi thi, voh bhi tha saath mein"

"Ohh!" He exclaimed somewhat feeling jealous.

"Hum dono rivals the, bahut fight karte the... uss din ese hi ek store room mein... par mujhe laga sab uska planning hoga, toh maine bahut fight ki, ilzam pe ilzam. And voh gussa ho ke apna haath thod diya"

"What?!! Aggressive"

"Yaa bahut... {She thought a bit and smiled} monster Manik"

"Monster!?"

.........................................

..................................

Baasu Baady

"Moloy, kya office mein aaj kaam zyada hai kya?" Mohini asked Moloy

"Nahi toh, kyu? kya hua?"

"Phir Anu kyu nahi aaya abhi tak?! Please Moloy, usse zyada kaam mat karvao, tumhe pata hai na, we need to be more careful about his health"

"Anu nahi aaya?, Nahi Mohini esa koyi kaam nahi tha aaj!"

"Kya hua Baaba?" Niveditha came there and sat with them on the sofa

"Nivi, aaj Anu ka extra work hai kya?"

"Nahi toh, jab maine usse dekha tha toh voh ghar ke liye nikal raha tha"

"Phir Anu abhi tak kyu nahi aaya?! Hey Bhagwaan mere bache ki raksha karna! Nivi tum usko phone lagao" Mohini started panicking

 Nivedita dialed Anurag's number

"SaasuMaa calm down, voh shaayad Prerna ko milne gaya hoga" Anupam also came there

"Toh voh mujhko bata ke jaata na, tum Prerna ko call karo"

"Maa, Anu ki phone toh not reachable lag raha hai" Nivi said in fear

"Hey Bhagwaan"

Moloy called Anurag's mentor and got a negative reply.

...............................

..............................

Storeroom

"Phir hum dono ek dum silent...uss din bhi ese hi bete the, tum uss...{She again corrected} matlab Manik uss taraf aur main iss taraf... and jaise main....{She is saying all these looking everywhere, thinking and smiling}, main...{And suddenly her eyes widened with shock, looking on the floor and shrieked} Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... {She jumped from her seat and started running}shoo shoo" 

Anurag got shocked seeing this and he also stood up to control her, "Nandini tum chilla kyu rahi ho?!, kya hua? Bata toh sahi.... bhaago mat"

"Ra...rat... rat..t..t vaha pe... shoo... shooo"

He looked at the pointing direction and saw a small rat, "What?! Tum ek rat se darte ho?"

............................

............................

Sharma house

"Anupam ji ka call" Prerna attended the call, 

"Ji Anupam ji...... Nahi toh...... Anurag bhi nahi pahuncha?! ............ Haa voh Nandini nahi aayi abhi tak...... Hum sab bahut pareshaan hai, voh phone bhi nahi uda rahi hai........... Ji main bhi aati hu........ ok main bahar wait karti hu... aap jaldi aa jaayiye"

"Anurag bhi nahi hai ghar pe, aur Anupam ji office jaa raha hai unhe doondne, toh main bhi unke saath jaa ke Nandu ko dekhti hu"

...........................

............................

Storeroom

The rat ran towards her, and she again started jumping, "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

"Ohhh Nandini chillana band karo,{He got irritated and picked her up in one sift and made her sit at the top of the shelf}  yahi beto, chup chap... apna muh pe haath rakho... ab koyi sound nahi.. "He warned her and went to scare the rat, "Shu shu dhad" The rat ran away from there and then he looked at her and saw that she is sitting silently with one finger on her lips. This made him laugh and he laughed wholeheartedly.
"Tum bhi na Nandini, kuch derr pehle mujhe keh rahi the aur ab dekho kaun darr rahi hai, voh bhi chuhe se?!"

She ignored his taunt and tried to climb down the shelf, but got scared.

"Ehh ehh gir jaayegi, aa jao" He came there and extended his both hands towards here.

She looked at him as if this was the same Manik back in college, 

"Do you trust me?" He asked her looking up in her eyes,

"Uss din bhi... yahi hua tha" She extended her hands towards him to help her and said these lines slowly with hope.

He grabbed her carefully and slowly made her stand and the closeness and her aura with those beautiful eyes made his heartbeat louder and stronger. 

She carefully placed her palm over his cheeks. He suddenly started getting blurred images and his head started paining.

He held his head with pain and stepped backward. This made Nandini panic, "Man..Anurag kya hua? Sir dard ho raha hai?! kuch toh batao? Anurag!!!" 

"Aaaa" He held his head and fell down unconscious.

"Manikkkkk"

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................