Chapter 49

Nandini ran towards him and push him from the main road. They both fell on the footpath, Nandini over Manik. The truck passed by them at high speed.
At the same time, Prerna got saved by Sidharth on the other side. When Prerna saw the truck, she was about to cross the road but a car came on that side. Sidharth pulled her towards him saving her,
"Pagal ho gayi ho?!,...{She looked stunned} Prerna, I'm talking to you. Ab kuch ho jata toh!?"
Prerna was not in her senses to talk but stared at him.
On the other side, Manik is constantly looking at a panicked Nandini and he is getting some weird feelings,
"Manik tum theek ho? Kuch hua toh nahi!?" She was inspecting his face and hands to know whether he is fine or not. Tears were not stopping in her eyes. Manik is feeling strange and his hands were involuntarily going to wipe her tears.
"Manik kuch batao, tum theek ho na?" Nandini cupped his face and asked in concern.

"Anurag!" Prerna voiced out to Sidharth and they both came to reality. Sidharth's hands loosened around her and Prerna got out of his grip and they both went towards Nandini and Anurag.
"Anurag, tum theek ho na?" Prerna asked in concern seeing both of them on the road.
"Nanny" Sidharth called Nandini out of concern.
Nandini got alerted and she tried to help Anurag to stand, with the help of Prerna and Sidharth.
But Anurag was in dilemma and his eyes were constantly on Nandini.
"Anurag, kya hua? Chot toh nahi laga!?" Prerna asked him.
But Anurag suddenly held his head, because his mind started showing him some flashbacks.
{The scenes from kaisi yeh yaarian, where Nandini fell over Manik for the first time in college, scene of Nandini falling over Manik during Soha's time, etc.. But his mind is showing these in a blurred manner, so he is not able to recognize the scene}

 But his mind is showing these in a blurred manner, so he is not able to recognize the scene}

His head started paining and he lost his balance, but Sidharth held him.

........................

...............................

"Saab, nahi ho paaya, Anurag ko kisi ladki ne bacha liya. Maine usse target bana ke hi gaadi chala raha tha, par achanak voh ladki kaha se tapak padi, pata nahi" Truck driver told the whole incident on phone

"Ek kaam dhang se kar nahi paaya tu, ab zyaada baate mat kar. Itna acha mauka tha, aur voh bhi haath se chala gaya, ab rakh phone, aur mere saamne kabhi mat aana" Naveen said in anger and disconnected the call

"Shit!! iss Anurag ko kuch zyaada hi umar de rakha hai.

..

 Par mere rahte voh ab zyaada din tak zinda nahi rahega"

.............................

................................

"Doctor, Anurag?" Sidharth asked when doctor came out 

"Anurag theek hai, scanning reports mil gaya, koyi injuries nahi hai, but"

"But, what doctor?" Prerna asked in concern

"Anurag ki nerve impulses and BP fluctuate kar raha tha, and usme se yeh hi lagta hai ki voh apna past ko yaad karne ki koshish ki ya phir apne dimaag par kuch zyada hi stress dala. Isiliye voh behosh ho gaya tha. And uski brain stress handle nahi kar sakta. Agar voh zorr mein aa kar kuch yaad karne ki koshish ki toh voh ek negative result de sakta hai. Esa bhi cases aaye hai jaha yaad dilane ki chakkar mein partial memory loss bhi dementia ya alzheimers mein badal gaya hai. So, I recommend him to a stress-free environment. Agar Anurag ko apna past khud ba khud vaapas aa raha hai toh theek hai, varna..."

" Yes doctor"

"Hmm Doctor, kya mein unse mil sakti hu?" Prerna asked

"Yaa, of course, usse kuch hi derr mein hosh aa jaayega and then you can take him home. Vaise, tum Prerna ho na, Rajesh ki beti?"

"Ji"

"Hmm, tum dono ki sagaayi mein nahi aa paayi, congrats beta"

"Thank you"

"Nurse Anurag ki discharge papers ready karva do,{he turned to Sid} Inke saath jaa kar formalities poori kar dijiye" Sidharth went with the sister and Prerna entered Anurag's room.

All the while, Nandini was sitting helplessly. She wanted to go inside and hug him, comfort him, but she is restricted to her surroundings.

.......

 Anurag gained his consciousness and frowns formed on his forehead.

"Anurag.." Prerna called him

"Prerna... main yaha kaise?!" 

"Tum behosh ho gaya tha"

"Really!... mujhe... ghar jaana hai"

"Voh discharge papers milte hi, we can go"

"Hmm... jo zindagi mujhe yaad hai, usme se 90 percent hospital mein hi tha, ab mujhe yaha nahi rehna" Prerna held his hand,

"Don't worry, hum thodi der mein hi vaapas jaayenge" 

"Thank you"

Then he remembered about Nandini, again he got confused, and suddenly he turned to look at Prerna,

"Prerna, tumhare saath koyi thi kya uss vakt, road pe?!"

"Haa, jisne tumhe bachaaya voh meri cousin hai, Nandini"

"Nandini...." He repeated her name in a whisper

"Aur uski bhaayi bhi hai, jinhone humari madad ki yaha aane mein"

.....

Sid came with the papers and saw Nandini standing at the door and looking at Anurag and Prerna, through the door glass.

He held her shoulders and asked her to sit on the bench, and then he also took a seat near her.

"Nanni, apne aap ko sambhaalo bacha, tera Manik theek hai"

Nandini looked at him amazed with her glassy eyes,

"Toh aap bhi maante ho na ki voh mera Manik hi hai"

He held her palm in his as an assurance, "Haa Nannii, maine usse notice kiya tha, unconscious hone se pehle tak voh tumhe hi dekh raha tha and doctor ne jo kaha, that he gave stress to his brain, aur voh kuch yaad karne ki koshish, voh sab tumhe dekh kar hua hai"

But Nandini's hopeful eyes changed to hopeless and her tears started flowing again,

"Nannii, kya hua?" She stood up and closed her eyes, 

"Bhaayi, Manglore ke liye ticket book karva do, mujhe vaapas jaana hai...."

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................