Chapter 51

Anurag and Prerna got down from the car and Anurag started to walk but due to the effect of medicine, he got slipped. But he was saved again. His one hand is in Prerna's hold and the other one is in Nandini's. He looked at his right side to see Nandini's face and their eyes got interlocked.
"Anurag, U fine?" Prerna's voice made both Anurag and Sid to look at her. Sid realized the situation and he got down from the car to help them. He held Anurag replacing Nandini. Then the four of them took the stairs and reached the doorstep. Prerna rang the calling bell.
Sidharth is going through a difficult time.
After a moment, the door got open and there stood Mohini.
""Maa"" Both Anurag and Sid said in unison

Mohini panicked looking at Anurag in a tired condition, "Anu! kya hua?!, yeh..!!"

"Maa... Maaa please calm down, mujhe kuch nahi hua hai, voh bas ek chota sa accident"

"Accident!!!! Accident kab? Anu!! tu theek ho na? Kaise?!! koyi kuch toh batao? Moloy.... Moloy" Mohini called Moloy in a loud and shrill voice

"Maaa aap please relax, dekho mujhe kuch nahi hua, I'm fine"

"Kaaki maa Anurag sahi keh raha hai, he is fine"

"Kya hua Mohini, chilla kyu..{He saw Anurag} Anuu, kya hua!?" Nivedita and Anupam also came there with Moloy. And then Anupam helped Anurag to sit on the sofa.

"Voh Doctor ne ek injection diya tha, and unhone kaha tha ki thoda sedation hoga"

"Doctor!? Matlab kuch baa hua hai, saaf saaf batao Prerna?"

"Kaaki Maa, jab Anurag car park karke road cross karnewaala tha, and usi vakt ek truck overspeed mein aaya, par sahi time pe Nandini vaha pahunchi aur Anurag ko bacha liya.... par shaayad yeh sab unexpected tha na toh Anurag behosh ho gaya tha, isiliye doctor ke paas gaye the"

"Doctor ne kya kaha beta"

"Anurag uss accident vajaise apna past ko yaad karne ki koshish ki and unka dimaag iss vakt ithna stress handle nahi kar sakta, isiliye behosh ho gaya tha. So he needs complete rest"

"Debuu, haldiwaala doodh bana jaldi se, jao"

All the while, Sid and Nandini were standing as silent spectators. Sid has been experiencing a mixture of emotions inside him, by seeing his mother and father. Somewhere down the line, he was craving for their attention. His childhood was actually etching a myriad of emotions, which made his eyes wet.
He remembered how his Maa cried when she saw him injured. Even though it was a slight cut, his Maa made a huge fuss and made him drink that not so tasty Haldiwaala doodh.
Sid once again gained his control and he cleared his throat, "voh.. I need to go now, ek meeting hai"
Everyone changed their attention to him. Moloy stood up and looked up at him as if he is trying to remember something. Prerna turned and introduced him to others, "Kaaka Baabu, yeh Sidharth hai, Nandini ki bhaayi. Aur yeh hai, Nandini, hamari behan Manglore se, aapne isse dekha hi hoga"
"Sidharth?"
"Ji Sidharth... Murthy" He hesitated to hide his birth surname.
"Sidharth Murthy.... Murthy Industries?!"
"Ji, humara hai"
"Oh my God, Sidharth Murthy, Nivi, maine tumhe ek din bataya tha, tumhe yaad hai, ek young talented and hardworking businessman ke baare mein, voh yahi hai. Iss saal ka Best Businessman of the Year Award inka hai."

"Ohh, haa baaba yaad hai, nice to meet you Sidharth"

 "Uss party mein sab log Sidharth Murthy ke baare mein hi baat kar rahe the, and I must say, your father must be very proud of you, hai na beta?"

Sidharth looked at him and he felt as if he is in cloud 9. He doesn't know what to answer. Prerna came to his rescue, "Voh.. Kaaka... Nandini aur Sidharth ke parents ki... death ho gaye the 8 saal pehle"