Chapter 9

I am currently jumping around singing 'Terrible Things' by Mayday Parade. I was too busy singing on the top of my lungs and cleaning my kitchen, to notice someone entering my apartment.

"How about we turn off the sad music and turn up the party music!"

I jumped and screamed, turning to face the culprit.

"Anna!" I screamed, crashing into her. She, surprisingly, kept us both upright.

"Hey I'd totally dance and sing with you if I still have enough air to do so."

I laughed and released her. Oh how I missed my little smart ass of a sister.

"So what are we doing first?" She asked looking around.

"I actually have to train until 2 so you can come and watch me do what I do best."

"Man I haven't seen you fight in ages. Do I get to see that today?"

"Oh yeah. Quite a bit. You won't believe who I found there."

"Who?"

"Taylor".

"What?! Out of all people she moved here?"

"Yep. Knocked her out the first chance I got. Let me grab my bag and we can leave."

***

No one was going to show up until 1. That gave us 2 hours to do our own thing. I plugged my phone into the stereo system and began to play All Time Low.

My sister had picked up a few things from me over the years so she knew before anything, you stretch.

We spent a good 10 minutes stretching and goofing off before getting ready to practice.

After an hour, Anna decided to take a break, but I kept pushing. Currently we were in the basement, were there was like a mini gym. I had been running on the treadmill for about 2 miles.

Once I hit the end of the 2 miles, I hopped off and climbed up the stairs and chugged my water bottle. I sat next to Jordan and took deep breaths.

"Hello Brooklyn" came on the stereo and we both smiled at each other. We busted out into song and started dancing.

"Hello Brooklyn, hey LA. Take the streets all night cause you sleep all day!" We sang together.

"Hello Brooklyn, hey LA. Coast to coast, I'll take you down in flames!" Someone else sang out and we both screamed.

Hunter stood there laughing so hard he looked like he was going to pee himself.

"That was amazing. Your guy's faces!"

I ran up to him and punched him in the chest, him stumbling back.

"Geez, you're violent."

"Geez, you're a jerk. You didn't see anything."

He held his hands up. "Okay, okay. Who's that?" He nodded his head towards my sister looking very curious.

"My sister. Stay away from her," I warned, already feeling him checking her out.

He smirked and walked past me, straight for her.

He grabbed her hand and kissed the top of it. "What is your name, darling?"

"Anna," she said, non affected. With her beauty, she was used to the boys lining up and try to charm the pants off of her.

"I'm Hunter. A wonderful experience, to meet you".

"The pleasure's yours," she smirked and walked back toward the door, grabbing my keys. "I'm going to go get us lunch. What do you want, Sea Shells?"

"Just a vanilla shake. I'll get food after I'm done." It was still only 12:30, me still having an hour and half to go.

She waved and left, leaving me alone with the idiot.

"Hm," He hummed to himself.

"What, sad you were flat out of rejected?" I laughed humorlessly.

"No. Let's be honest," he walked up to me. "You're the only Marx for me," he leaned down and kissed my cheek and winked.

I flipped him off and walked over to the punching bag and began practicing again.

Hunter left me alone the rest of the time and at about 1, everyone was here. Anna was seated on the bench facing everyone, eating her quarter pounder, glaring at Taylor.

Taylor at one point flipped her off and rolled her eyes. Anna looked me in the eye and I made a silent promise to kick her ass today.

"Alright, today we're doing a fight day since it's Friday. Instead of telling you to hit the bags or partner up, today is a challenge day. You are allowed to challenge anyone and everyone has to fight today. The winner will consist of pinning the opponent down for 5 seconds. No knockouts today. Knockouts will be immediate elimination. Understand? Good. Who's first?" Carl sounded off.

The matches went on for a while until there were 4 people left. Taylor, Hunter, Phil, and I were left.

I could feel Hunter's stare and it's like he knew I wanted to fight Taylor.

"I challenge Phil," he finally speaking.

Carl nodded and verified that Taylor and I would be fighting. I'd been watching her the whole time while she was practicing. I observed her moves today and would expect the same. I knew to watch my knees, and left ribs, that being my weak spot.

Hunter beat Phil, no shock there, meaning it was time for us to go up. I looked at Jordan, and she looked beyond excited to see me finally fight.

The bell went off and she immediately right hooked me in the ribs, me just missing the blow. I thrusted my fist into her stomach, the wind being knocked out of her.

I took advantage and kicked the back of her knees, sending her straight to the ground. She quickly recovered and kicked me in the back. I stumbled for a second but got back into my formation. I side kicked her in the side sending her straight back to the ground.

It was an easy round and I could feel her fighting deteriorating lately.

I pinned her down for 3 seconds, but she kicked me in the head with her ankle sending me off her, quickly. I hissed in pain and gave her a swift punch to the jaw sending her back down for a third time. This time I made sure I kept a grip on her for a solid 5 seconds. The bell went off, signaling my victory. I stood up, not feeling like it was a fair fight.

It was over very quickly and she barely got any hits. What's going on with her? Apparently I'm not the only one thinking it, because Carl spoke my thoughts.

"T, what's up with you lately?"

She shrugged and walked out of the place, bag in arm.

Well then. I walked up to Anna and she didn't look too pleased.

"I was hoping for more action."

"You and I both."

***

You guys I hit 800 reads. Uhm what?! The people who are reading this book, thank you so much. I hope to hit 1000 by Christmas but if not, its whatever. I'm honestly so happy where it's at right now so thank you again!!

~xxJenBarakatxxATL

Edited 6/10/15