Chapter 19

What I saw was not the same Hunter I had come to know and love.

What I saw in front of me was a beaten and weak one. He was so exhausted, in the short time he was gone. He had been gone for about 5 hours, but in such a short time, so much damage was done. I knew he was there, so I was ready to fight.

"Let's get this show on the road, boys."

I looked to my right and elbowed the fat guy next to me right in the throat. He gasped and bent over. I've never fought to kill, but this time was different.

This time I was going for the kill. I wasn't safe anymore and wouldn't be until these men were locked up or 6 feet under.

I brought my black combat boot-clad foot up and snapped it into his temple. He instantly dropped and I wasn't sure if he was dead. I would at least knock them out, but if they died, I wouldn't care.

I spun and caught a fist from another guy, kicking his knee inward and hearing a crack. He dropped and I kicked him in the ribs. I turned to the next guy and punched him in the jaw. He got a good punch in my ribs, but I soon got the upper hand when Sean kicked him in the back. I took my gun and hit him in the temple with the butt of the handle. I tucked it in my belt and gave Sean a smile.

I saw a lot of men on the ground, two being mine. I was about to see if they were okay or not, but never got the chance as Alex was charging right at me.

I took a deep breath and started how I started all big fights.

"Bring it." I brought my boot up and kicked him, although he grabbed my leg. He tried to snap it, but having lots of experience with that, I kicked my other leg up and spun in the air, throwing him off guard. I punched him in the eye with my only fist and he kicked me in the gut. I gasped for air and he smirked. "Having one arm's a little difficult, isn't it?"

I growled and kicked him in the jaw. He hissed in pain. "It's a shame you came back for that trash." I was now seeing red. I wanted him dead. He's ruined my life, I just wanted him dead. I smacked him in the face as hard as I could then pushed him onto the ground. He quickly got back up and punch me in the face. I recovered as quickly as I could and started circling him.

"I've had enough of your childish games. Let's fight like men now and not with girly punches and weak kicks." He packed a hard punch in my jaw and I felt a crack. I looked at him and put everything I had in my punch. I aimed for his eye and saw him teeter backwards. I gave him a nice kick in his di ck then proceeded to kick him in the temple.

He looked rough and I couldn't tell if he was concious or not. I got up and ran to Carl who was laying on the pavement. "Carl!"

He coughed up some blood and gave me a weak smile. "You do everything in your power to save Hunter and the rest of my boys. You're the best fighter I've ever come across in my life. Keep yourself safe," he sputtered out before he closed his eyes and took his last breath of air.

I had tears flowing off my cheek and I gasped for air. "I will, Carl. I'll keep us safe."

I slowly stood up and considered the damage around us. The building was fully engulfed by flames and all of Alex's men were down. Phil, Sean, and Austin were still up. They were tending to our's and I just stared at how much has been destroyed.

There have been moments in my life where I was sure that nothing could get worse. My arm being amputated, me being kidnapped, Hunter being kidnapped, Carl dying. I can promise nothing has or will ever top the pain in my chest for the next event that is to occur.

"Shelby, look out!" Hunter screamed. I turned to see him jump in front of me and heard the gunshot in the air. I screamed and watched Hunter drop. I saw Alex barely standing and in shock.

I screamed a feral growl and pulled my gun out. I aimed straight for his chest and shot. I didn't stop until my gun ran out of ammo. I stood and took heavy breaths. I slowly looked down at Hunter. He was barely there. His eyes were open, but his mind was gone.

I dropped and started to uncontrolably cry. "You're not going to leave me. You can't. You're not allowed."

"You came back even when I told you not to."

I ran my hand through his hair and kept pushing it back. "I had to. You're so stupid for thinking I'd actually listen to you. I never have and I never will."

"Bring it," he faintly stated.

"What?"

"I've noticed it's what you say when a big fight is about to happen. Like your comfort words. So I figured I'd give it a try."

I smiled as wide as I ever have and placed my lips on his, giving him a faint kiss. "I love you, Hunter."

"As I love you, Shells." He gave me one last smile, and for the second time today, I watched one that I have loved slip from me.

He closed his beautiful, blue eyes and fell into an eternal rest.

I felt my heart clench and I couldn't breathe.

"Hunter! No, come back! Please, don't leave me."

I felt and arm around me and saw Sean with tears in his eyes, too. I could hear the police sirens in the background and saw Phil and Austin follow. "What about the rest?" I asked.

Sean shook his head. "We're all that's left." I started to cry even harder and felt a shock in my chest. Everything felt like a giant dream.

I felt like I was waking up.

"Let's go home."

***

I know it's short but the next chapter is the last one and I'm hoping to finish it today. This book has shown how much my writing has changed and how much it continues to change and it's more of a learning experience for me. Thank you for anyone that has read this book. :)

~xxJenBarakatxxATL

Edited 6/10/15

Bring Itजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें