"COMING!" You yelled shortly as you grabbed a different blanket, making sure it covered your whole body before taking a deep breath and opening the door.

The fake smile that was adjourned on your lips had suddenly faltered when you saw none other than Henry Bowers. A half decent guy as far as you wanted to remember. He was sweet and nice and could be a dick but you never saw him act stupid. You shook your head lightly, trying not to conjure any older memories.

"I realized we splashed you on our way to the kissing bridge. Belch made me come say sorry." He responded to your confusing look and small glare.

"You needed your friend to tell you to apologize?" You snapped not realizing how much venom coated the words you spoke until Henry looked at you with a scowl.

"I was gonna do it anyways, Y/n." He barked. Though he grumbled a few words to himself before sighing, running his hand along the back of his neck, as if he was nervous. "Listen it came out wrong. I'm sorry we splashed you and I'm saying it because I felt like a dick afterwards. You looked cold and I got Belch to drop me off close to here so I could make sure you were okay. Yes he told me to apologize to you, but he didn't tell me to do it now. Me being here at this moment was my idea."

You studied Henry carefully, trying to see if there was anything secret hidden beneath his words. Though you decided his confession seemed innocent enough before sidestepping, letting him inside. He closed the door behind him. His eyes wandered up and down your body, you didn't notice this of course but Henry knew your were most like half naked and the thought made his face heat up and redden.

"I need to get clothes on, there should be a kettle on the stove, fill it up with water, turn it on and I'll make us some tea or coffee or hot chocolate." You explained. Clutching the blanket as you quickly jogged up the stairs.

When you reached your room, you quickly but quietly closed the door behind you, racing around, picking up whatever seemed decent.

You pulled on dark grey sweat pants and a old faded black hoodie that looked grey in some spots that you took from your older brother before he left for university.

You made it downstairs just as Henry awkwardly sat down.

"You still look cold." Henry noted bluntly as you walked past him.

You turned your head slightly to glance at him before shrugging. Running your still swollen fingers through your heart, that was still wet from earlier. The idea of a warm shower suddenly seemed appeasing. But with Henry sitting in front of ypu. In his stupid red muscle shirt and blue jeans. A shower was also far from your mind.

"I'll warm up eventually." You quickly answered.

You heard Henry get up from behind you, but you didn't pay much mind to it as you walked to your pantry, thinking that maybe he was just grabbing mugs for the two of you. Browsing what could be eaten, you rubbed your hands together as you viewed the shelves. Then you felt the warmth of his chest press against your back. His arms wrapping tightly around your shoulders. Then his chin gently falling against the top of your head.

You were too surprised to move. Your hands had shot up to his arms, but instead of moving them, your hands lingered there. Basking in the warmth he was giving.

It felt as if you were sitting with your back facing a fire. The heat was comforting, and you had to admit. Besides the scent of sweat. He smelled good. Almost like rain and bark mixed together. He still smelled the same.

"You smell good, like always," Henry whispered, his arms tightening slightly, "almost like vanilla and lavender, but also like body wash and coconut."

Your face warmed heavily, and you had no doubt in your kind that your cheeks were a dark crimson. You slowly turned your body. Henry's arms loosening but not letting go entirely.

Finally, you wrapped your own arms around his waist. Gently gripping at his shirt with your cold fingers.

You closed your eyes and felt your body warm, slowly your chills started to disappear, you listened to the kettle as it started getting hotter, thank god it wasn't a whistling one. Though you could tell it was ready and boiling.

After what seemed like forever. You lifted your head. Only to have the warmth on your face back when Henry's lips were suddenly on yours.

The summer memories came back vividly.

The kisses behind the school, the makeout sessions in the library. The sex in his bedroom. Then the heartbreak.

Of course it hurt to have his lips on yours again. But it was the warmth that counted. The way his mouth moved made you forget about how bad your heart throbbed when he said it wasn't safe for you. What had changed?

You didn't want to care.

"I thought you didn't love me..." you whispered when Henry pulled away. Not fully leaving, only placing his forehead a lot of yours.

"If only you knew Y/n."