Til Death Do Us Part

"Well Vidia, what master plan have you got now?" Michael quizzed with fear and anger in his voice.

"Observe." Vidia smugly called back, as she started to move her hands in a fashion that resembled a Hawaiian dance. Almost as if a dream, a ball of pure light shot from her hands and crashed into the creature, sending it flying across the forest and crashing into trees, causing them to fall upon impact. Lyla began to cry as if the impact caused her to snap out of whatever trance she was in. Vidia helped Michael up off the ground.

"Quick! We need to get Lyla back home and get out of here!" She told. Michael agreed, and they both ran as fast as they could towards Lyla's cries. They picked her up and ran back towards Oscar's house. How are we going to explain this to Oscar? How do I explain any of this to myself! Michael wondered to himself.

Oscar was still led on the floor unconscious when they got back. Unaware of anything that had happened.

"Put the baby back and come help me," Vidia commanded.

"How are you so calm after all of that Vidia! We nearly died! You shot whatever that was-"

"Langsuyar."

"With a ball of light!"

"Michael! I promise you I will tell you everything. But right now, we need to get Oscar back into his bed and make him think this was all a dream."

"What about the scratch on his face?" As Michael said this, the scratch started to fade, "how did you do that? Are you some sort of witch?"

Vidia began to laugh at Michael, "Something like that, I suppose."

Michael helped Vidia our Oscar back onto his bed, and they both left him sleeping.

"We should go back to my hideout. It would be safer from the Langsuyar, and I can explain to you everything you want to know then. Just follow me." Michael followed Vidia back to an old burned house where she seemed to have made some sort of hideout.

"Where is this? What is this?" Michael questioned.

"This is my old house. I was born and raised here. Take a seat while I grab a few things."

"You lived here? It looks like it's been burned down for a long time. So where do you live now?"

"Right here. This may be my old house, but it's still mine."

"And your parents? Do they live here with you?"

"They would if they were alive. Never got out of the fire in time. I'm like you. No family Michael."

"How did you know? I only just knew your name! And how can you be calm about that?"

"I know more about you than you know about yourself. And I've had plenty of time to mourn. Here, catch." Vidia threw a Bo-Staff at Michael, "Know how to use that?"

"I've never used one in my life. Why do I need it?"

"It's picked up our scent Michael. And we pissed it off. As you don't have a baby in your house, what's the next thing to hurt you? Your parents. Now come on! We are running out of time!" Vidia shouted as she ran out of the hideout.

Michael felt sick to his stomach. Just the idea of facing this creature again made him feel uneasy, but the intention that it might hurt his family? That's enough to worry anyone.

They reached Michael's house and burst down the door. Angel and Mark ran to see what was going on.

"Michael! Are you okay? Who is this? Where have you been?!" The questions kept coming, and Michael knew he didn't have enough time to answer them all.

"I'm fine, but you aren't safe! I can't explain it, you need to get out of here!"

Both Angel and Mark looked just as confused as you'd imagine. But before they could say anything else, something started protruding through Mark's torso. Something that looked sharp and kept growing more and more until a hand burst through. Mark began to form tears in his eyes as his mouth filled with blood. The hand and nails slowly retracted from his body, leaving Mark's corpse to collapse, showing the same woman in the green dress that they had tried to defeat before. The Langsuyar.

No one said a word for a moment. No one even blinked. It was almost as if they were all trying to comprehend what had just happened.

Suddenly, Michael felt something grab his arm, and pull him away. It was Angel! Angel had taken hold of Michael and pulled him away in an attempt to protect him. Vidia was attempting to attack the creature but to no avail. The creature threw her into a wall and ran after Angel at breakneck speed, catching her almost instantaneously. Without a second to even blink, the creature swiped and took Angel's head clean off, leaving her body collapsing onto the floor. The creature stopped in its tracks, staring at what it had done, smirking as if it was proud of itself. Then it slowly turned to Michael. Walking towards him, picking up speed as it travelled closer and closer. As it started to run, Michael froze, rooted to the ground. He accepted his fate at that moment. He couldn't escape this. No Vidia to save him, no skills of his own to help. This was his fate, sealed in an envelope with a wax stamp.

Or so he thought.

Just as the Langsuyar charged at Michael, Ruby jumped into the creature, knocking it onto the ground, but taking a fatal blow herself. Ruby slid across the floor, dead instantly, but she caught the nails off of the creature, lodged in her back.

Michael gathered all of his strength and crawled toward Ruby and pried the nails from Ruby's back just in time. As he turned around, the Langsuyar pounced on him, giving him a split second to attack.

Michael plunged the nails deep into the Langsuyar's neck. So deep, that the creature stopped moving instantly. Nothing happened for a minute. Not a single noise. Not until the Langsuyar began to burn up. Light began to shoot from holes forming in its body until it covered most of the creature, resulting in the Langsuyar turning into a pile of dust.

Michael scrambled to his feet and rushed towards Vidia. Almost as if he believed she could save Mark, Angel and Ruby. She woke up and sprang to her feet, ready to fight. Vidia looked frantically for the creature, and saw the bodies and the pile of ash. She didn't say anything. She didn't even know what to say, but instead, Vidia grabbed hold of Michael and hugged him. She whispered something in his ear, something he will remember to the day he dies.

'A few lives to save the many.' Michael pulled away and looked at Vidia in horror. Did she honestly have no remorse for any of this? After people, he cared about died? He thought Vidia was heartless, however shortly after he began to feel nothing. Like he was immune to grief and pain all of a sudden. Like sadness seized to exist.

"Say your goodbyes." Vidia began, "Your training starts now. Come see me at the hideout when you're ready to learn who you truly are."