"Yeah, Theo, I'm hearing everything you're saying. But I will warn you–"

As we turned yet another corner into a doorway, we both abruptly stopped at the entrance of the classroom.

And so did Ava.

"Oh," I said, understanding now why Matteo kept bringing her up.

"Oh, Theo the Third sees what I was talking about," Matteo said, moving to stand beside Ava and wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "Good morning, Ava."

"Morning, Matteo," Ava said and turning her attention to me, she said, "Theodore."

"Juliet," I said with a grin. "So I take it we're all going to have a blast together! I know I will, at least."

"Great," Ava muttered.

"Don't sound so excited," I said.

I winked and then walked into the classroom. I could practically feel the hesitation on Ava's part, but with Matteo's arm around her shoulder, he led her to the third row of the lecture hall where I sat down. Matteo sat beside me and Ava sat beside him, meaning Matteo was sandwiched in between us.

I twisted in my seat so I faced both Matteo and Ava. I was going to love every second of this.

"So, Ava," I said, and she looked over at me, "have you been thinking about me?"

"Oh boy," Matteo muttered.

Ava rolled her eyes. "Yes, Theo. All of my dreams are just filled with you. And don't even get me started on my endless thoughts about you and the secret talents I'm sure you have. Oh, and your hands, too."

I knew she was fucking with me, but she was doing a good job. And I wasn't complaining. Even though I knew she was joking, I didn't mind pretending that Ava could possibly actually be thinking of me.

"If only you knew just how talented I can be..." I drawled. "And my hands–"

Matteo glared at me and I shut up. "We are not talking about your talents or your hands or the correlation between the two," he said. "I'm sure Ava can agree with me."

"I agree," Ava said. "Actually, we could just not sit with Theo at all."

"You'll have so much more fun sitting by me, though! Ava, you would have so much more fun sitting right next to me."

Matteo elbowed my side. "Stop being a pain in her ass. No, a pain in my ass. Theo, you're an ass pain."

"I love you too," I said, blowing Matteo a kiss.

He groaned and sat back, arms crossed over his chest. "This is gonna be awkward as hell."

"Not awkward for me," I said, sending Ava a smile. "I have no problem being in a class with a Cunningham. Especially this particular Cunningham. In fact, I can't wait to work together."

"We won't be working together. As far as I can see, I'm only sitting next to Matteo. The curly haired dude to his right is invisible in my book," Ava said.

"Will I be invisible to you once you start to fall for me?"

Ava laughed. "Yes. You will still be invisible because I won't fall for you. And now, I'm going to prepare myself to pay attention in class."

Matteo let out a long, exasperated whistle and raised his eyebrows. Ava took out a notebook and I took out mine and then I looked at her, raising a challenging brow. She looked at me and rolled her eyes but didn't look away just yet.

Matteo's eyes darted between the two of us before he sighed loudly and said, "So. How bout that weather we're having?"

❥❥❥

Bromeo & Juliet | ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें