Chapter 14: Prove Me Wrong

Start from the beginning

•••

The second we get home, I slam the door behind me and the screaming match between us begins.

"What the hell is your problem?" I yell at him with my hands in the air.

He looks stunned, like a bucket of ice has been thrown at him. "My problem? Aria, you kissed me there like you were suffocating and I was the last atom of oxygen on the planet ! " his tone matches mine.

"I wouldn't have felt the need to kiss you if you just shrugged redhead off" I state with boiling anger.

"You're the one who was ignoring me and hasn't been picking up my calls for the last week. Why do you care so much? It's not like we're even a real couple " he tries to get his point across, which makes me even more infuriated.

"I don't care mister, but that doesn't give you the right to fucking look at any female when your wife is twenty feet away!
I won't have you disrespecting me like that. When you're behind closed doors go fuck whoever you want. I won't give a flying fuck.
But when we're out in public I'm your wife for god's sake. At least have the decency to act like it"

"You're making this look like I'm the one who went off and flirted with her!"

"I know she's the one who came onto you, but still you could've turned her down at the spot. Without me having to interfere and separate her from you!"

"I was trying to be polite and not be rude. But when she got too comfortable I was about to distance myself from her.
I wasn't interested in her either way."

" I don't care if you were about to distance yourself from her or not.
She was all over you and I don't like people touching what is mine" my finger was now poking his chest.

How in heaven did we reach this close proximity?

Now, we stare into each other's eyes for a strained moment, hesitant of our next move.

His face itches closer with each passing particle of time, and I can't help but notice how swelling red his lips were, due to the roughness of our previous two kisses.
I don't think I can be immune to his charm anymore.

Just when I was about to give in and lean forward to close the gap between us, a red flag in my head appeared reminding me that he probably would finish whatever this is with me and go see another girl.

I refuse to be someone's second choice.
Like tinker-bell once said:

'if you ever had to choose between me and another person, choose the other person. Because if you really loved me there wouldn't be other choices'

And I'm not willing to be someone else's second choice.
So unless he figures out what he wants, he's not getting any from me.

I pull away from our moment and before I can get far, his hand grabs my wrist and he spins me around facing him.
"Just leave me be, I'm extremely tired and want to sleep " I tell him exasperated.

" What did you say about me sleeping with whomever I want behind closed doors? Because I'm pretty sure this door is closed " he grunts and I bring my eyes up to meet his.

" In your dreams. I don't sleep with someone who I know for a fact sleeps with other women. I avoid HIV and cheaters to my best abilities " I scoff, and I swear I notice his eyes shifting with anger and his jaw clenching at my verbal bullets.

"You think I'm a cheater? I haven't touched a girl since the day I met you!" his voice is low, no longer screaming. hurt is evident through his eyes and tone.

Just when I was about to apologize, because I know that I can't call someone a 'cheater' without proof, he continues on.

"I'm walking right off proving you right" he spits his venomous words and my guts wrench and heart sinks at his poisonous words.

He spins, striding with anger and the door slamming hard is the only sound that is heard before he disappears.

•••

A/N:

Long chapter but this what happens when shit hits the fan.

Anyways, for more updates, please vote and comment ❣️