Chapter 14: Prove Me Wrong

< your lips, my lips.
Apocalypse >

-Cigarettes After Sex.

Aria's PoV:

A girl is coming onto my husband, I don't care if fake or not.
He doesn't get to have his way by bringing me here and then not shrug off the girl's flirtatious behavior.
I'm not a fucking joke for him to disrespect me like that.

I gulp a shot down my throat real fast and with a determined look on my face, I decided I've had enough of this bullshit.

I spin on my heels and go claim what is mine.

3 steps, she's twirling her hair around her finger.

6 steps, she's bringing her hand up his arm.

8 steps, she's giggling like a fourteen year old on their first date.

When her hand reaches his, he makes movement to shrug her off. Thank god, he moves!
I can notice his shoulders getting tense. He's clearly uncomfortable with the situation.
That makes two of us, buddy.

Before she can make her next move, I separate her from him. Then, before any of them gets the opportunity to speak, I possessively grab his jaw with my left hand, my ring finger on full display, and my other is on the side of his neck. I kiss him real harsh.
He responds to my conquest and kisses me back.
The kiss lasts about ten seconds before I pull away.

Nickolas is gasping for air and the girl is beyond stunned with wide eyes.
Before she gives me a condescending bat of an eye or justifies her actions I speak up.

"Let me introduce myself.
I'm Mrs. Velez, Nickolas's wife. Why don't you go on to harass other attendants at this party, seeming this one is uninterested and married ? "

Her cheeks blush with crimson red, embarrassment eating up her features.

She walks away into the distance, my guess is to the bathroom to hide away for the rest of the night.

Other females keep stealing glances our way, and I know I'm going to have to stake my claim for a second time so that everyone else in this room understands to not come onto my husband.

I capture his lips once again in a mind blowing kiss, this one lasting about fifteen seconds of his lips kissing me back.
His arms are on my waist and mine on his chest.

Fifteen seconds of kissing in public is the equivalent of doing the dirty deed.
At least that's how the public looks at it while gagging.

Everyone seems to acknowledge my existence with the two possessive kisses I felt the need in initiating.

I grab his hand and pull him away towards the parking lot.

He has shit coming his way once we reach the seclusion of our home.

•••

The whole drive home, sexual tension is filling the atmosphere around us and neither one of us makes an attempt addressing what has happened.
We both know full on that this needs to wait until we're home to talk it out.
Or yell it out.