Epilogue

[ 2 years later ]

Aria's PoV:

It's almost 2:30 p.m and in half an hour, my best friend will walk down the isle to get married.

I remember my wedding as vividly as I can remember yesterday.

It was three-ish years ago, a deal meant for business, not realizing love was included.

We're in the fitting room and I'm trying to calm the nervous bride - the way she did on my wedding- but it's quite a task when 2 years old Angel is nudging my sides.

"Sweetie, go find dada, he's right outside" I tell her and she nods with her emerald eyes.

That's one of the many things my daughter inherited from me, my green emerald eyes.
And Nickolas says he's glad she had mine, because every time he looks into them he sees me.
It's like seeing your two most beautiful people in one.

His words, not mine.

I open the door, so Angel can go find her dad who's probably stuck doing the same job as me; calming down a nervous Andrè.

Luna and Andrè met in the aftermath of my marriage to Nickolas.
Guess you can add that to the list of side effects of our marriage.

They didn't start going out until almost two and a half years ago, and after a year, Andrè popped up the question on their two year anniversary.

"Calm down Lune" I step beside her with my arms firmly on her shoulders.

"You look perfect, he'll lose his mind, I'm sure " I add in an attempt to quiet down the jitters.

"You're right. Everything is under control.
How do I look?" She eyes herself in the lengthy mirror and once again I try putting her mind at ease.

"As I said, you look perfect " the words leave my lips accompanied by a reassuring smile.

Fifteen minutes later, it's show time and I go grab Angel from the hall so we can walk down the aisle.

Her as the flower girl, and me as the maid of honor.

The soft music starts playing, indicating the beginning of the walk and firstly Angel heads out with the prepared basket of flowers, then I follow closely behind her, before Luna shows with her dad, hand in hand ready to deliver her to her groom.

Nickolas is standing on the altar, behind Andrè in the role of the best man dressed in a black tuxedo.
And to be frank, in my eyes, he is the best man.
Ok, cheesy but acceptable for a hormonal pregnant mom.

I found out a few days ago, and with everything else going on, and the stress of the wedding, I still haven't told him.
I'm planning on telling him today.

The couple exchange their vows, and it all feels surreal and nostalgic, bringing me back to my own wedding day where I had to walk down the isle.

A short period passes, we're having the reception party when Nickolas strides towards me with big long steps.

"Baby, I can't find our Angel" He says worriedly, his eyes roaming around the room in search for his little girl.

I turn my head towards the crowd, and there she is, our little girl playing with kids her age.

Without any words, I make my way to her, lifting her into my arms and bringing her to the corner my husband is standing in.

When he sees her, it's like his world lights up, and mutually so does hers.

He takes her into his arms and lulls her tiny body into his strong safe arms.

"Angel, do you want to tell dada the news?" I ask her in anticipation, I've had a talk with her this morning and we both agreed on letting her break the news to him.

"Yess, yess" She starts clapping her hands as signs of happiness and excitement, I smile widely in return.

"Dada, you know how I'm your Angel?" She asks with hooded eyes.

"Yes sweetie" He answers warily, already onto us.

"Mommy said now you'll have a paradise" She says innocently, gazing into his eyes.

"I'm not following what you're saying sweetheart" Nickolas furrows his eyebrows.

"You and mommy used to have me, your only angel, but now there's two of us" She says as she plants her hand on my stomach.

He notices the action, his eyes swiftly shift to mine, demanding a confirmation.

I nod my head with a grin plastered dominantly on my face and he brings me close into a hug, kissing the top of my head.

The End.

A/n:

Thanks to anyone who gave this book the time of day.
I appreciate you all❣️