"No. Scarlett's not chicken," Patricia stated, raising her voice so that Eddie could hear her. 

"Patricia-" Scarlett began. Patricia nudged her. "Let's do it," Scarlett sighed, ignoring the unsettling feeling she had in her stomach. She knew something was going to go wrong. 

---

Nina, Amber and Alfie were all in the web task, while Patricia and Scarlett watched from the sidelines. 

"Okay, we've got our spiders. Let's match them up with the hooks," Nina told. 

"Is no one else bothered by the part of the riddle that says the red thread spells doom?" He asked. No one replied. Scarlett gave his arm a squeeze in an attempt to reassure him. "No one? Just me, then? Great."

"Come on, Alfie. Let's just do it. We're with you all the way," Nina reassured.

They all began making their way through. 

"Silver thread, Alfie. You don't want another sting," Patricia warned. 

Alfie smiled before lifting his arm and touching another string. 

Scarlett gasped. 

"What is it?" Nina asked.

"It's okay. It's okay, the yellow thread's don't-" he cut himself off. "I feel- I feel weird."

He began to flinch where he was, yelling about someone getting him. He was hallucinating, moving closer and closer to a red thread. 

Scarlett looked around before deciding to make her way into the webs. She had practiced enough. She rushed to him, avoiding the webs. 

Everyone was yelling at each other. Scarlett was almost at him when Fabian rushed in. Scarlett held Alfie in place, stopping him from thrashing about as Fabian joined her, sending her a nod as if to tell her that she could start going back. 

"Okay. I've got you," Fabian comforted.

"I'm okay," Alfie reassured. 

"I'm so sorry, Alfie," Nina spoke up. 

"Come on, let's get you out of here. Come on. Nice and slow. Nice and slow," Fabian muttered, helping Alfie. Scarlett then took him the rest of the way out of the web. 

"You're okay, Alfie, you're okay," she comforted, giving him a hug. 

---

The next day Scarlett was in her science class, tired and bored. She was holding a pair of skeleton legs, bouncing them up and down. She began moving them more aggressively in her boredom.

"No, thank you, Scarlett," Mr Sweet called out. 

"Sorry, sir," she uttered, placing the skeleton legs down. 

"Is that all you've got in your bad girl bag? Fail. Epic fail," Eddie attempted to insult. 

"There's only one epic fail around here and I'm looking at him. Besides, I'm not trying to get into trouble. I'm just bored," she defended. 

"Let me show you how it's done," he spoke. 

"You really don't have to do that," she told but he was already up and placing a fake eyeball into Mr Sweet's tea.

"Now you've got to do something," Patricia whispered. 

"No, I don't," Scarlett protested. 

"Scar, he's practically begging for the attention," Patricia replied. Once Eddie had sat down, Patricia spoke up.