Chapter 24// Dumpling Shoving

"Let me love you"

His sweet voice rung in her ears. It sounded so pure and genuine yet dangerously familiar. She have heard it so many times that she became numb to it but when the boy who stole her first kiss said it, it revived something was dead in her for a long time.

The immense urge to be loved and adored, with actual heartfelt love. She remembered how she would crave for it everyday and hoping that one of her fanboys could give her that but none, it was just lust and lust only.

"I promise you my heart and soul. I will love you and cherish you, Harley. Just please, let me love you"

His thumbs caressed her wet cheeks that she unconsciously had drenched them with tears. His hand moved to her hair and tenderly brushed them away so he could indulge in her beauty.

"But...Jimin....I can't survive a heartbreak..."

Harley choked out and her arms around him begun to trembled. The thought of her heart shattering again was something she couldn't stand. The vivid gush
of tears and blood flashed across her eyes, making her stumbled back but the boy caught her and held her to his chest tightly.

Her eyes showed many emotions but fear was presented proudly. He couldn't bare seeing her breaking down so he promised her something and vowed to himself as well.

"I'll never ever break your heart. You can tear mine apart, break mine and throw it into the fire for all I care but I am not breaking yours. I promise..."

Jimin arms locked around her, not letting her move at all. She muffled her small sobs into his shoulder where she found comfortable and safety.

"I won't break yours too....I promise"

She mumbled but he heard it loud and clear. To him, it sounded like an angel just spoke to him and his heart bubbled in happiness. A small smile made his eyes curved as he snuggled into her peached scented hair.

He can mend my heart
She can mend my heart

—————

"And that's the first offspring of a God and Human"

The professor's voice screwed into Harley's ears as she paid 100% attention in one of her favorite lectures. Her eyes skimmed over the projector that had a picture of the ethereal Cupid and the beautiful Psyche. Her heart suddenly jumped at a phrase that replayed in her mind.

"This is my unworthy love for my beautiful goddess"

Her cheeks flushed and she bit her lips. The thought of him loving her was beyond expectation. It's only been the first day since their 'promises' which turned out to be confessions as well but the boy have been showering her with affection already, maybe too much affection.

Then she realized something. He hasn't actually asked her to be his girlfriend so who was she to him? Girlfriend in progress? Yikes, I don't think that's a thing.

She boringly swirled her pen with her fingers while the professor talked about their next assignment on the love stories of the Gods, mostly Greek Gods.

"Please hand them in by the end of month. Class dismiss"

The students packed their things hurriedly before bolting out. This was her last class and her historian club won't begin in another half an hour so Harley took her time to pack before leaving the room.

As she stepped out of the room with her eyes on her phone, someone blew into her ears and caused her to flinched. She whipped her head to the side and found a smiling Zoe and Isabelle waved at the girl with smile.