𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. "𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲"

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
❝ 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 ❞

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

🌄🌅🌉🏙🌃🌌
( 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 ! )

IN A PERFECT WORLD, the night would never end. And in an even more perfect world, time would've stopped right as David pulled the T-shirt blindfold off of Ivy's eyes to reveal that they were at a beach in Malibu. The giddy feeling Ivy got in her stomach as she admired the sight in front of her was something she didn't want to stop.

Since it was so late, around one in the morning, there wasn't that much that could be seen of the beach. But, the way that the moonlight practically illuminated the entire ocean was so insanely beautiful to see.

"Okay, now I'm happy you didn't tell me where we were going," Ivy said, her eyes shifting from staring out at the ocean to looking at the boy next to her. "This surprise is amazing, Dave."

A smile took over his face. "I'm really glad you like it."

Ivy smiled back and leaned in to pull him in for a hug, showing how genuinely happy she was. And when they pulled back from the tight embrace, they went to take a seat in the sand, not caring that they would probably get it in all parts of their clothes and bodies. Ivy sat between David's legs, her back pressed against his chest and head leaning back on his shoulder, while his arms were wrapped around her waist.

"I feel like an asshole for not telling you this when it first came out, but your EP is so fucking great, Ivy," David told her, his voice soft and words sounding genuine.

"Really?" Ivy shifted her head so that she could slightly see David's face, but it was mainly just his side profile.

He nodded his head and then leaned in to kiss her. "Yeah, deadass."

"Woah, you used deadass. That's how I know you're for sure telling the truth," The Raven haired girl laughed lightly. "But, thank you. I'm glad you like it."

"So, what songs are about me?" David questioned, his words were slightly muffled by Ivy's neck since his face was now nuzzled in it.

The way his mouth brushed against her skin as he talked caused her to giggle a bit. "You already know which one is about you."

Ivy was referring to "Find My Way," which was the song she had been working on when David came to the studio with her that random night. The song was supposed to have a slightly different meaning, but since David was there she couldn't help but kind of make it about him. And it wasn't like it was a love song for him, but instead, it was more of a "thank you;" saying that she was grateful for their friendship and what they had then.

However, she was even more grateful and happy for what they had now.

"Wait, you cannot be serious," Ivy said, laughing uncontrollably. The time was around three in the morning and she couldn't tell if the immense amount of laughter was due to sleep deprivation, or if what David had just told her was genuinely that hilarious.

"Yeah, I am," David responded. "Jason and Ilya eating the world's spiciest ice cream is probably the funniest thing to ever happen. I fucking wish you could've seen Jason's reaction to Ilya freaking out and then Jason starting to freak out himself, and threatening to murder me for convincing him to try the ice cream."