𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. "𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧"

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
❝ 𝘭𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 ❞

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

🌄🌅🌉🏙🌃🌌
( 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 ! )

IVY FELT SLIGHTLY weird entering the small coffee shop known as Sal's, especially considering the fact that she hadn't been there since her and Tyler had broken up. Ivy thought it sucked that for so long the place that she really loved had quickly become somewhere that she couldn't even think about without wanting to burst into tears since the last memory she had that involved there was not at all a happy one.

However, things were different now. So much had happened since the night her and Tyler broke up, and she was in a much better place now than she had been when it happened. This made her feel like she was finally ready to go back to Sal's and restore the happy feeling she would always get when she was there, pre-breakup.

Upon entering Sal's and walking up to the register, Ivy was happily met with a familiar face.

Suzanne, the barista that would typically always be there whenever Ivy would go to the coffee shop, was standing behind the register a surprised but happy smile on her face. "Wow, Ivy, it's been so long since you've been here! How've you been?"

"I've been good," Ivy answered, her statement surprisingly feeling a thousand percent true. She would never admit this to Sadie or Corinna, but she actually had been feeling sad about her and David. Mainly because they had become such close friends during the duration of their arrangement and she knew that, that friendship was pretty much completely over since they hadn't talked since the night they'd ended everything. However, now Ivy felt better about all of that because she knew that some things just weren't meant to be. "How have you been, Suzanne?"

"I'm good too. I listened to your EP, it's great. Congrats on it," Suzanne told her, which made Ivy smile.

"Thanks so much, that means a lot. I've really missed it here. The past four months have been pretty weird and busy, so I just never had the time. But, I'm glad to be back," Ivy explained and briefly glanced around the place, admiring how unchanged it was, which helped the happy memories to return.

Suzanne nodded her head in agreement and smiled as well. "We've missed you around here too. Is your usual still the same? Medium hot chocolate?"

"Yup, thank you," Ivy responded and then handed over a ten-dollar bill to Suzanne, also telling her to keep the change. The short ten minutes Ivy spent talking to Suzanne and waiting for her drink was the best welcome back to one of her favorite places she could've ever asked for.

"Don't wait four months to come back here again, okay?" Suzanne joked as Ivy began to walk toward the door, her warm drink in hand.

Ivy laughed a bit. "I promise I won't. I'll see you later, Suzanne."

A happy smile was still on the Raven haired girl's face as she walked down the surprisingly not so busy Los Angeles street toward the direction of her car. The grin slightly faltered when Ivy was met with another familiar face, this time, however, it wasn't necessarily a face Ivy was very thrilled to see.