𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. "𝐢 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬"

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
❝ 𝘪 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘴 ❞

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

🌄🌅🌉🏙🌃🌌
( 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 ! )

"WOW, THAT'S KIND of insane," Corinna said, the surprised tone in her voice sounding very evident. "I can't believe you and Tyler actually had a long ass conversation."

"Me neither," Ivy agreed. "But, it was actually very nice. I think we might become pretty good friends again."

Corinna nodded her head and smiled, showing that she was happy for her best friend, and then took another bite of the Chick-fil-a sandwich she had in her hand. Ivy smiled back and continued to pet the new dog Corinna had just adopted, Carl. The Raven haired girl truly could not get over how cute the small dog was.

The two girls were sitting in the living room of Corinna's apartment and they'd been there for the past couple hours. They had started watching this new docu-series on Netflix, but they ultimately decided to stop after the second episode because of how intense it was, so they agreed that they would continue with it on a different day.

And following that, their conversation somehow changed to discussing Tyler, which started when Ivy mentioned that she had gone to Sal's yesterday.

"The only awkward part of the whole conversation with him was when he tried to say that I have feelings for David," Ivy admitted, which she then immediately regretted.

"Wait, what?" Corinna's eyes widened a bit. "You told Tyler about your whole 'thing' with David?"

Ivy quickly shook her head. "No, but he said he could tell something was up with me, and it's apparently that I'm interested in someone." She could feel the blush rising to her cheeks as she talked about this again.

"Hmm," Corinna thought for a moment and took a quick sip from the drink in her hand. "Well, do you have feelings for David?"

Back when Ivy and Sadie were at the ice cream shop before her arrangement with David was over, Sadie had also asked if Ivy had any type of feelings toward him, and Ivy had a quick answer to that question. The answer being an honest "no." However, this time Ivy wasn't exactly sure how she wanted to answer the question.

The fact that a simple "no" was not the immediate response that came to her mind upon hearing Corinna's question, made her feel even more conflicted than she already was since talking with Tyler last night. It hadn't even been twenty four hours since their conversation, yet it was something that Ivy couldn't help but continuously think about.

"I feel like I can't really talk about it," Ivy finally said, after a long moment. "David's one of your really good friends, and Liza is also a good friend of yours too."

"Yeah, they are, but you're also one of my best friends, and your feelings matter too," Corinna explained, the certainty clear in her voice. "So, you can be honest with me and say how you're truly feeling."

Ivy knew that Corinna was right, the two were best friends, and had been for such a long time, and they could be completely, a thousand percent honest with one another.

So, Ivy took a breath and decided to put the thoughts that were swirling around in her mind into actual words. "Last night after me and Tyler had that conversation, I just couldn't stop thinking about David and everything that happened over the four months we had our "thing" going on. And not just the sexual stuff, but also the conversations and everything else in between, which was all so great and amazing, and I wish it never ended and I really wish it could keep going."

The Raven haired girl let out a soft breath and let her next statement come out very quietly. "To make a long story short, yes I'm pretty sure I have feelings for him." It was weird, but right once Ivy said those words, she could feel how true they were. Which made her know that she had actually been feeling this way for a while, but now was when she finally decided to accept it.

Corinna only smiled widely at her friend before saying, "This is so cute. You obviously have to tell David this."

Ivy quickly began to shake her head. "No way! I can't do that. Him and Liza just got back together and I don't wanna fuck that up."

"If he doesn't feel the same way, then you're not gonna fuck anything up, you're just gonna know the truth. Which is much better than having no idea," Corinna explained. "And if he does feel the same way, then that's even better because that means that him and Liza getting back together wasn't the right thing."

It made sense, Ivy had to admit, Corinna's idea made a lot of sense. However, Ivy also knew that doing that, admitting your feelings to someone while having absolutely no idea how they'll respond, was such a scary thing to do.

"Or I could," Ivy began to respond. "And hear me out in this. I could push all of my feelings away and forget that they exist, and just get over him before I start liking him more than I already do."

Ivy offered Corinna a smile, hoping that the blonde girl would agree with her idea. But instead, and much to no one's surprise, she was met with a deadpan stare from her friend. "That sounds like the absolute worst fucking idea ever," Corinna told her.

"Yeah, it's not the best," Ivy admitted. "But it's easier and much less scary than telling him how I feel and there being a strong possibility of him rejecting me."

"Okay, I can't lie and say that he does feel the same way, because I never saw you guys together so I have no idea how that was," Corinna said. "But, I can wholeheartedly say that you're an amazing girl, Ives, and if he does reject you, then it's his fucking loss."

The certainty in Corinna's voice made Ivy smile at her words. "Thanks, Rin."

"So," The blonde girl started, a slight smirk on her face. "Are you gonna do it?"

There was a brief moment of silence as Ivy thought about her answer. She glanced down at Carl, who was now asleep in her lap, and then looked back up at Corinna and saw the hopefulness in her eyes.

"Okay, okay, I'll think about telling him how I feel, but I make no promises that I'll actually do it," Ivy answered.

"Fine, I'll accept that," Corinna responded. "But, I just wanna say that your life would be so much easier if you did tell him."

Ivy nodded her head. "I know." I'm just scared, She thought, but decided not say that out loud.

author's note!
this chapter is so short and i'm
sorry but the next one is a thicc
boi😎🤠 so look forward to that
lmao