Chapter 7 - Realization

Ivy and Marina lost themselves in a sea of creatures. Fairies, werewolves, witches and vampires among others danced in the confines of the Thirsty Fork, a haven of sorts for all. If you had a problem with another creature just based on what they were, you weren't welcome. You would immediately be turned away. Bigotry was not an option here. Everyone needed a safe spot, and this placed embodied that to the fullest.

The music never slowed, but eventually Ivy and Marina had to, especially the former. Ivy felt too many hands try to wrap themselves around her waist. Marina rested oblivious and opted to stay that way.

As the two made their way to the bar, Ivy knocked into a figure. Almost instantaneously, her head cleared, and her body burned in a cross between pain and pleasure. She had never felt something like it. She whipped her head around to try to catch a glimpse of the figure. It was gone quicker than a ghost. For a second, she thought she had imagined it until Marina spoke up.

"Ivy, you...I can't place it." Marina tapped her lips with a finger. All of playfulness from earlier disappeared. Her voice took on a more serious tone. "It's like...something in your aura changed, but I can't see it."

"Wait, what do you mean? Are you saying something is wrong with me?" Ivy's voice rose and began to border on hysteria. She didn't need anything else weird happening to her.

"You're fine. I promise." Marina gripped her by the shoulders. "I was just making an observation."

"Well, there is something I need to tell you girls about." Ivy's eyes darted around the room searching out Ella and Aura. She had to tell them the story all together.

After some searching, the earth witch caught site of the two witches deep in conversation in a corner. Two untouched drinks sat in front of them. Ella moved her hands animatedly while Aura nodded along in agreement. With a roll of her eyes, Ivy grabbed Marina by the wrist and marched to the other two.

"Oh look what the cat dragged in." Ella gave hera hard look.

"Ella..." Marina already sensed the pettiness Ella exuded. Ivy didn't even need to be an empath to sense it as well. She knew she deserved it. Aura stayed quiet and waited for the interaction to take place.

"Finally realize you weren't sh.it on your own?" Ella raised an eyebrow and glared back at Ivy.

Ivy knew Ella was mad, but she didn't realize to this extreme. This was typical Ella. She put on a tough girl show and got all high and mighty to protect herself from getting hurt. Thankfully Ivy was in the right mind not to snap back and had come to the realization that she did indeed need them. She was wrong to shut out her powers and the Pentacle. She needed them as much as they needed her.

"I do need you," Ivy admitted, sliding into the booth. She looked each of them in the eye. "I need all of you. I was wrong."

"The great Ivy admitting she was wrong, what has the world come to?" Ella shook her head, but no hint of malice touched her eyes. In fact, a flash of relief reflected in her eyes before icing back over.

"Oh shut it." Aura swatted at the fire user and turned her attention to Ivy. "What happened?"

"Aren't you the clever one?" Ivy teased, earning a smile in return. As she dove into her explanation, her tone grew grave. "I think I saw Cassie again tonight. She saved me."

"Wait, hold up." Ella rotated her shoulders to face Ivy completely. Curiosity shined in her irises as the detective in her came out. "Cassie appeared to you, and it wasn't in a nightmare form?"

"Maybe a literal, living nightmare." Ivy's eyes slipped past the group as she recalled the events of just hours earlier. Even thinking about it caused her to shiver and the fear to grow in the pit of her stomach. Marina's hand moved to rest on her knee. The feeling of security and calmness spread over her, giving her the strength to continue on.