Chapter Twenty-Five

Andy's POV

"Absolutely not!" I shot out of my chair and slammed my hands on the table, startling all except Jerry.

"My mate is laying on a hospital bed, practically dead. I will not leave her behind. I need to be here when she wakes up!"

I get closer to his face, more anger than I had ever felt bubbling in my gut.

"You will not take me away from her."

Jerry smirked and got even closer to my face, so close that when he spoke I could smell the garlic from what he'd eaten for lunch.

"That's too bad, Andy, really, it's a shame that you don't have a choice in this. I feel terrible," he said, an evil grin painted on his face, false sympathy in his voice.

"You can't make me go," I said.

"Or can I?" He chuckled. "Andy, you and the rest of the band signed a contract. And what did that contract say? Oh, you don't remember? Allow me-"

He pulled out a paper conveniently tucked in his back pocket. He cleared his throat as he unfolded it.

"'I, Andy Biersack, agree to let Jerry Stevens, manager, arrange tours, press, and other publicity events, lest the band's contract be dropped."

I felt my legs go weak and I sat down as Jerry pinned me with his I-Am-Supreme smirk on his face.

"So," he spoke loudly, "I'll start announcing the tour and-"

"No."

Jerry's mouth dropped. "I'm sorry-what was that, Mr. Purdy?"

"I said no. Melody may not be my mate, but she's one of my best friends, and I'll be damned if I leave her behind. I don't care if I have to quit the band, I'm not leaving her."

"I second that," CC said. "I may not have talked to her a lot, but she's Andy's mate."

"Agreed," Jake and Jinxx said at the same time.

"Thanks, guys," I grinned.

Jerry had a flabbergasted look on his face. It didn't last for long though, as his usual smirk slipped back up on his face.

"Well I guess I'll just have to rip up this here contract."

"Well that's just too diddly-darned bad, isn't it? It'll be a shame that one of your most grossing bands won't be earning you even one pretty penny any more. Really, it's a terrible. And then you'll lose your job, and you'll regret ever trying to make us go on tour. I can't even imagine how soon that'll take place. And I'm sure that once we explain the situation to Mr. Blakhull, he'll be more than willing to give us our contract back. Or, you never know, maybe we'll go get a contract with Rock Records. They were interested in us from the very beginning." I spoke, my face completely emotionless.

Jerry's face continuously paled and his palms became clammy. The vein on his forehead stood out, and it was deathly silent. The next thing that happened shocked us all.

The sound of a paper tearing and chairs sliding across the floor were the only thing to break the silence.

And after that, nothing.

And after nothing, chaos ensued.