Chapter Thirty

Andy's POV

She sucked in a shaky breath before saying the three words that made me come crashing down. When she said them, first I was just completely astounded, and then rage consumed my body.

I said nothing, my features stony. I was silently fuming, plotting all the ways I could kill that bastard Jake. He always made me want to punch him with that smug little grin he wore whenever he saw me.

"Andy?" Melody said in a weak, trembling voice.

"Yeah?"

"Do you... Do you hate me?"

My jaw dropped and I looked at her in surprise. "Doll, what makes you think that?" I asked, my tone shaky.

"I'm filthy, Andy. I am disgusting for what happened! I led him on, he told me! This is my fucking fault! I don't know what I did, but it happened because of my actions! Goddamnit, you should break up with me, don't look at me! I'm filthy and used, and you deserve someone who is not!" she yelled, her chest heaving.

She made a move to get up, and I was quick to wrap my arms around her. I pulled her back to my chest and whispered in her ear.

"Melody, I could never hate you, I could never even dream of breaking up with you. If that happened, I would be crushed, I would have no light because you are the sun of my universe. I may have stolen the stars for Juliet, but I will steal the moon for you, I swear to god, if that's what it takes to make you better. I love you. I'm not letting you go."

"But why?" She interrupted me. "I'm not special."

"Hey, I wasn't finished. You are the most important girl on the planet, alright? You're the only person who matters to me right now. I don't care what Jake said, none of that was your fault. You did not deserve any of what happened to you. And you didn't do it willingly, did you?"

"No," came her tiny response, barely audible.

"Exactly. You didn't consent to it. I won't, and I don't, think of you any differently because of it. It does not define you as a person, what happened to you, it does not define you at all. You are who you want to be. You're Melody Rae Dawson, you're a friend to everyone, well almost everyone. You're the most kind, caring soul I've ever met. Your smile could light up the darkest of places, and your eyes are so beautiful, they're like gems. Your lips are always so irresistibly soft, and you always smell like vanilla. Your love for animals is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Your passion for photography is inspiring. Your voice is so sweet and comforting, I would buy a soundtrack of you simply reading the dictionary. I would pay millions of dollars just to be within the same vicinity as you. And believe me when I tell you that I would never, ever change anything about you, except maybe your last name."

I sucked in a deep breath and got up from the bed. I walked over to the dresser and grabbed the velvet box. This wasn't how I had planned to do this, but this was the right time.

Melody sat up in the bed, her eyes watching my every move. I walked back over to her, gathering all the courage I had, before getting down on one knee.

Melody sucked in a breath as her hands flew up to her face, her eyes filling up with tears.

"Y'know, this isn't how I planned on asking you, just so you know, but it felt right, and I'm ready, hell, I've been ready for the past month or two. I wanted all this hospital stuff to calm down first. But, anyway."

I opened the box and said, "Melody Rae Dawson, will you marry me?"

-----

Aight before you think that they're moving to fast, just remember that they're soul mates ;)