Prologue

Warning: In this story, the main character isn't good, nor is he light. He was raised by pureblood supremacists, by the darkest family. You probably won't agree with him, he will be prejudiced, because that's how he was brought up. There will be dark themes and gore, internalised homophobia and period typical themes- such as views on women, race and sexuality.

I do not own the harry potter universe, I wish I did, but the creation of it all goes to J.K Rowling, unfortunately.

Please do not repost or steal my work or anyone's work.

I hope you enjoy reading♡

I recommend reading with a black background

                    ❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖ ❁

Being born into the Black family was a...
It was a...
It was...
Disturbing.
In simple terms, that is.

If I was to search for a word that could completely sum up my experience, I would never be able to find the perfect one.
I'd have to find one that both describes the lethal beauty of the pureblood society and the immense adoration my family held for each other.
Explain the way our practised masks slid over our faces whenever we graced the public, how people practically worshipped the very ground we walked on, yet scorned and spoiled our already stained names behind our backs.
Show just how the so-called 'purest' of our kind corrupted my then untainted mind, how my sanity and morality was ruthlessly ripped away the moment I was born.

My family were pureblood supremacists, despising those they deemed as inferior. To be raised by such a discriminating family, its no wonder I ended up damaged. We were distinguished and revered, at the very top of society, the purest of the pure, noble and ancient. Not one family could ever hope to hold a candle to our exceptional bloodline, we were practically royalty in the wizarding world. We were pure, but not at heart.

Toujours Pur.

Always pure.

"Arcturus, you arse!"

The first words I heard in my life were harsh and sharp to my sensitive hearing. So, as any other baby would do in a situation like that, I gulped in my first breath of air, then screamed.

The beginning of my life I can remember hazily at best, but one such moment has never really left me. I still clearly remember my first moments spent with my parents. I know, that sounds absurd, but I vividly remember the moment as if it happened mere minutes ago.

I had been picked up in a soft blanket that had felt like heaven on my delicate skin, wrapped tightly like a precious parcel, before being placed into dainty yet sturdy arms.

I had sluggishly peered up, my tiny body not yet ready to be strained with such a movement, and gawked, wide-eyed, at the woman-no-goddess that was my mother.

Holy-

She was stunning. Silver hair spread on the pillow like a halo, dazzling and serene. Rosy red lips parted as she panted from exhaustion, and her most striking feature, a pair of vividly green eyes that gleamed with adoration and pride. Even in her state of disarray, she shone like an angel.

"Oh, he's absolutely gorgeous, Arcturus darling, look at him!" Her light, airy voice was pleasant to the ears, melodious and fairy-like.

Heavy footsteps approached the bedside before my view of the beautiful lady had been obscured by an equally elegant looking young man.

He, as well, looked sculpted to perfection. God, looking back on it, I really was blessed with the most beautiful parents.

His black hair was long and curly, although there was not a single strand that appeared to be out of place. It seemed to frame his aristocratic features perfectly. His stormy grey eyes were sharp and calculating, yet they had softened at the sight of me. The man had leaned in even closer and gently trailed his fingers down my cheek.

" He certainly is, my love." His words were said in a husky yet silky voice, the syllables simply sliding off his tongue with grace and ease.

He appeared to puff out his chest proudly as he had looked down at me, seeming pleased with himself.

"He will be a fine addition to the House of Black and an even finer heir to the house of Peverell. So, my dear, what shall he be named?" He smiled at his wife, seeing the giddiness entering her beautiful orbs that he adored.

" Avior. After the star Avior in the constellation Carina. Avior Leonis Black, and when of age, he takes the name Avior Leonis Peverell-Black."

" Then that is what he will be named. Welcome, my little star."

                   ❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖ ❁

<Ive been planning this story for ages. It'll be a long one, and I hope you'll like it.
~Berry>