Chapter 2

“Please,” she whimpered lying on the ground at Zayn’s feet. “Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch.” he spat at her and she winced. 

Tears began to fall from her eyes at a rapid pace as he continued to abuse her. He snapped curse words at her. He abruptly pulled her off the ground holding their faces close to each other. ‘Please’ she silently begged with her eyes. 

He stared deep into her blue orbs, waiting and looking for something. She stared back into his chocolate brown eyes, almost black with anger, fear swimming through her own. 

Without warning, he turned her around slamming her into the corner of the wall, busting her lip open.

~~~~~~~~~~~

“I was running with my friends, we were joking around and I fell and busted my lip. That’s all.” she said to the doctor.

“Oh, I see. Well you need to be more careful. Because of your carelessness, your are going to need stitches.” he replied.

She walked down the warm street that gave her a cold feeling. She walked with her head down and her hands shoved into her pockets. She didn’t want to look around. She didn’t want to see the doors of the houses, apartments and stores she was passing. She knew what they looked like. She knew what everything looked like. She hated it and didn’t want to see anymore of it. 

“Hey!” she felt two hard things poking into her back, just above her hip bones as she jumped in fright. She turned around ready to kill her offender only to find her one and only friend, Harry. He leaned back, away from her clenched fist that looked ready to hit anything, his hands in the air as if surrendering. 

“Sorry! Sorry!” he said offensively smiling. “I told you not to do that!” she said smacking his arm. “Ouch.” he said rubbing it. “So what’s up casper?” he asked walking next to her as she began moving again. 

He has called her casper since about a week or two after they had met at a corner store not too far from where she lived. He said that she could disappear like a ghost, so he decided to call her casper. 

They met only a couple days after she arrived in London, three years ago. When she first got there, she was going to school regularly. But she didn’t like her new school and her uncle had no problem taking her out of it. They went to two different schools, so Harry assumes she is still going to the one she went to when they first met. 

She rolled her eyes at the nickname, “I’m going to Whittington.” she said calmly, like it was something she did every day. “Why now?” he asked concerned knowing that she was always hurt in someway. As far as he knew, she managed to get herself into a lot of trouble. 

“My jaw.” “What happened to it?” he asked. “I got into a fight and the bitch messed it up.” she said quickly lying and deciding that, that would be the excuse she would use on the doctor. He shook his head in pretend disappointment, “What are we gonna do with you Miss Adison?” he asked pursing his lips at the end. 

She chuckled ever so lightly before saying, “Send me home.” “Oh no, no, no. We couldn’t do that, because then you would be leaving me.” Harry said putting his hand on his chest. “Don’t you have other friends to hang out with?” she asked raising an eyebrow. “Please, I’m the coolest kid in town!” he said holding his chest up. 

He was a pretty popular kid, he had nice looks, was athletic, got fairly good grades and was nice to everyone. So he was pretty easy to get along with. But truth be told, he hated it. He didn’t like knowing everyone in school by name. He hated the fact that when he walked down the halls, so many people would say, “Hey Harry!”. It bothered him. 

With everyone knowing him, and what he’s like, they built expectations of him. He always had to have his grades high, always make that scoring goal in a game and always flirt with the girls. He couldn’t be who he wanted to be.

“So why would you want to hang out with a girl who is not only a year younger than you, but a nobody?” she asked furrowing her brows. “Because, your not a nobody.” he said and she gave him a look that read, ‘please’. “At least not to me.” he said smiling shyly at the ground as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. A small smile also playing on her lips. 

“So do you have an appointment at Whittington?” he asked after a moment of silence between them. 

“No, why?” “Why don’t we go grab something to eat, or go to the movies, or just something fun.” he asked smiling at her. 

“I don’t have any money.” she replied.

“Casper. You never have money.” he waited but she didn’t respond. She knew he was right. She didn’t have any money because any money that she had left over from her ‘job’, she sent home to her mother. 

“C’mon. I will pay for you.” he said almost asking. 

“No. I have to go to Whittington and get home.” she said dryly, “I don’t have any time to mess around.” She began picking up her pace. “You never do anything fun do you?” Harry asked her. She didn’t reply, again knowing he was right. 

They walked in silence for a couple minutes, other than the sounds of their steps and the city around them, both thinking about.. Lots of things. “Want me to come with you?” Harry asked when they were a block away from where she was heading. She thought for a moment. “Uhm.. Sure.” she said smiling shyly. 

___________________________________________________________   A/N: Sorry it took so long! I was trying to make this chapter longer but I can't figure out how to prolong it so I figured I would post it as is. Please let me know what you think cause.. Gah! Idk.. Maybe I should just stop it if nobody is reading.. :/ x