Chapter 1

A/N: Gahh! I hope you like it! Please let me know what you think!! xx

It was no longer night, she had ‘worked’ through all hours of the night, and although it was still dark, the day was already starting to bloom around her. She knew that this meant she had to move quickly before anyone with a heart would see her. 

As she walked towards the blinking sign that reminded her she was almost ‘home’, she felt tears begin to sting in the corners of her eyes. As the tears began to slip, she quickly wiped them away, forcing off any emotions knowing that he wouldn’t settle for them.

She arrived at the house, her uncle sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette, the air in the apartment was thick with smoke. She walked over to him, standing next to him, “Hello beautiful.” he said with his wicked grimace that sent a chill up her back. 

“Sit down.” he said lazily moving over and she hesitantly took a seat next to him. He studied her face for a moment with a smirk that kept her body tense. Suddenly his smile dropped, “You got my money?” he asked dryly. And she cautiously grabbed the twenty and two tens out of her sweatshirt pocket, handing it to him. After a second of staring at her hand, he snatched the money. He counted it, before looking back up at her. 

“Where is the rest of it?” he asked, getting awfully close to her face. “That’s it uncle-” he grabbed her chin and quickly turned her face to look at him, her eyes widened and fear filled them. “I told you not to call me that.” he held her face centimeters from his until she let out a mumbled, “Sorry Zayn.” and he let go. Her hand immediately grabbed her own jaw, rubbing it. 

“Take off your sweatshirt.” “What?” she asked him, thrown back by his order. “Take off your damn sweatshirt.” he repeated and she did as he said, revealing multiple fresh bruises on her arms. He ran his fingers along the bruises, “Awe, see now look. When you don’t do as I say”-he grabbed her arm, roughly-“this happens.” 

She winced as her arm screamed in pain. He dropped his grip. “Poor baby.” he said, with no mercy, forcefully rubbing his thumb over the skin just beneath her eye. She held her breath not allowing herself to wince, or whimper at the pain he was causing her. After another rub of his finger across her skin, it began to show. The discolored skin began reddening from his touch. “There is that familiar color to your skin.” he said grinning, moving his hand from her face revealing just how black and blue her eye was. “Now, where is the rest of the money?” he asked. “Unc- Zayn… There is no more.” she replied. Suddenly his face went hard and his eyes raged with anger. And fear ran through her. 

He grabbed both of her arms, squeezing them as hard he could, they felt as though they might break. He stood her up and she winced in pain as her back collided with the wall. His face centimeters away from hers. She could feel his breath on her. “WHERE THE HELL IS MY MONEY!?” he screamed. “T-that’s all h-he gave m-me.” her voice shook in fear. 

“DON’T FUCKING LIE TO ME!” he screamed throwing her to the ground. She did the best to hide her pain as her body collided with the floor, but a whimper managed to escape her lips. “I-I’m telling the truth Zayn!” she said. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain on her cheek, and then realized that he had slapped her. Hard. She felt her eye begin to water in response to the pain. “Fuck you, you stupid. Worthless. Lying. Little hooker.” he said bending down so that his face was inches from hers. He stayed there for a moment before walking out the door and leaving her on the floor. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She moaned as she sat up and her head felt heavier than it could possibly ever be. She sat still for a moment waiting for her small dizzy spell that she always got to pass. It did after a few seconds and she sniffled before slowly standing up and heading for the back of the house. Her body ached as she moved.

“Don’t you dare, EVER be fucking late for him again.” Zayn shouted to the young girl at his feet. A tear escaped her bruised eye, angering him more than he already was. “You scared?” he asked in a faked concerned voice. 

He kicked her leg, hard. “Good. You should be, you little bitch.” he snarled. Louis, Zayn’s business partner, looked down at the body in front of Zayn’s feet and chuckled as she cried out in pain. 

“Get up.” Zayn suddenly said dryly. She began trying to stand up, her body aching as she slowly did. But it was too slow for Zayn, “GET UP!” he shouted, grabbing her arm, and yanking her off the floor. He held her arm close to his body, so that their faces were a hair away. He stared into her eyes for a moment, waiting for something. Neither of them knowing what. Her eyes were wide in fear, her heart beating a mile a minute. 

“Get away from me.” he scowled, throwing her against the wall. He waited a moment before grabbing her arm and nearly dragging her to sit on the couch. He put both hands on either side of her face. “Now why were you late for Louis?” he asked. “I-I..” she stuttered, her throat closing up. “ANSWER ME!” he said swinging at her, not knowing or caring where he hit her. 

She curled up on the couch, sobbing into her own chest, unable to hold it back any more. “Pathetic.” Zayn spat out, his kneeing her body and walking out with. Louis grabbed her hair, as she gasped being pulled to sit up. He waited a second. Deciding where would be a nice place to take a hit on. Suddenly her mouth was on fire and her face was looking the other way. 

She put her hand over her mouth, feeling a hot liquid come from her lip. And she shakily sighed as she heard the door slam, knowing both men had left.

She went into the bathroom, staring at her bony, bruised frame in the slightly cracked mirror. A title wave of tears began to escaped her red puffy eyes. Her stomach had that familiar sting to it, and she smirked beneath her tears. She lifted her shirt, revealing red lines, that had dried blood smeared around them. Then suddenly without even thinking about it, her hand quickly collided with the skin that she loved to study, when she created new cuts, her stomach immediately reddening from it. She winced at the sharp pain and dropped her shirt.  Moving to the kitchen where a note hung on the refrigerator. 

‘Don’t forget, you got the clinic to go to. And you better wear LOTS of makeup.   -Zayn’

She ripped down the note, throwing it into the trash. She walked back into the bathroom, open a dark, old looking box. Inside of the box was, a ‘store’ of makeup. She began digging through it, until she found a tiny container that had cover-up written across the top in permanent marker. She opened beginning to smear it under her eye, over her lip and on the skin covering her jaw with a small pad that came in the container. As she rubbed the makeup across her skin, she looked down, into the container. Her eyes widened and she felt her breath catch and she found there to be, absolutely no more makeup left in it. 

She sighed dropping the container and the pad, leaning her elbows on the sink, placing her face in her hands as tears began escaping her eyes.

That was the last of her cover-up. She sighed as she stood up straight, staring at herself in the mirror. She looked at herself wondering what the hell she would do now. 

She studied herself. The growing gap between her legs, the crack in her lip. The bruises of her eyes, jaw, arms and even more. Damn she had a lot of bruises. She created an under bite in her mouth, moving her jaw forward until suddenly a sharp pain shout from her jaw, through her mouth and down under her ears. 

She decided against doing that again as her hand flew to her jaw, caressing it. And suddenly and idea popped in her head. 

Go to Whittington.

I don’t have to do this anymore.

I’m done with this. 

But they’ll know. 

They wont be stupid. 

They will see it in my eyes.

He will find out. 

He will kill me. 

Suddenly another sharp pain shot out from her jaw. 

I have to.

And with that, she grabbed her bag and was walking for the door.