°22°

Mark felt the change through his whole body in the second day. He went out of his bed and left his room to join his friends in the lobby. He didn't know why, but he was so tired as if he didn't sleep at all last night, but the thing was he did. 

Almost everything went back to normal. No one was bringing the subject at all, as if it never happened, but when he would see the grumpy look Johnny had all day, he would remember that the priest knew about his tiny secret. 

One thing that also changed was his relationship with the tall werewolf whose name was Lucas. He stopped being mean to him, instead he became friendlier. 

That morning, Mark sat down on the couch, next to Lucas and looked at Johnny who was reading a letter he received, most probably, from the Mother of the Wolves. 

"Is it her?" He whispered to Lucas who nodded. "I bet she found out." 

"Of course she found out!" Their leader barked and threw the piece of paper into the fire from the fireplace. His red eyes landed on his face and Mark became small. "She's mad and now we have to go there and apologize. You better behave or she'll behead you." 

Mark froze. 

"B-Behead?" He stuttered and when Johnny nodded, he realized that the werewolf wasn't joking or trying to make him more scared as he already was. 

"She won't kill you Mark." Lucas placed a giant hand on his shoulder. "You just need to explain everything that happened and if she thinks you're not that guilty, you'll most probably live." 

Mark wanted to laugh. Was he really serious? 

"You're not helping man." 

Doyoung said when he entered the large living room and sat across them, with his cold gaze plastered already on his pale face. 

"When are we leaving?" Lucas asked and stood up. 

Mark looked up at him and watched Johnny stand up as well. 

"We're leaving tonight." He replied and sighed. 

With a sign from his hand, Lucas and Doyoung followed him out of the dorm and Mark was left alone, on the couch, looking at their backs. 

Donghyuck left the dorm along with Jaemin. His best friend kept on asking him what happened two days ago, when Lucas, the giant werewolf, took him suddenly. He felt the lump in his throat suffocate him tighter than usual because he couldn't tell him the truth. 

"You should eat properly Hyuck." Jaemin said and hugged his arm tightly, not forgetting to pout. 

That made the angel chuckle. How he wished his life would be as easy as Jaemin's, but he couldn't dream of such life. The thought made him sad. He avoided his parents and hid from them until they left. 

When the other wizards asked him why didn't he go say goodbye to them, he avoided the question and locked himself in his room. Only one person would understand him in those days, but Mark was nowhere to be found. 

He searched the rooftop everyday, but the werewolf wasn't there. He didn't attend his science classes either and Donghyuck started thinking that maybe he regretted being friends with him. 

"Oh!" Jaemin's gasp made him snap out of his thoughts. "Hey Mark." 

Donghyuck stopped and locked eyes with Mark. The werewolf was a bit shocked, why? He didn't have an answer, but one thing was sure, he wanted to avoid the two. 

"Did he just..?" 

Donghyuck took his hand off and started walking after Mark. He stopped the werewolf by holding him by his sleeve. No one spoke for some moments and the two ended up staring in each others eyes. 

The angel was the first to break the eye contact and he let go of Mark's arm. 

"Sorry..." He mumbled and looked down. "I just..." 

"Mark!" A voice yelled and they both looked in that direction. It was Jeno, who quickly went to them and took his friend by his shoulders. He sent Donghyuck an apologetic smile. "We need to hurry, afternoon practice." 

Donghyuck nodded and smiled, but he knew that Jeno was hiding something from the way Mark glared at him. He seemed pissed, so the angel decided to just leave them and he joined Jaemin again. 

On their way to divination, he looked behind once and saw the two werewolves vanishing in the crowd of students. 

"Be grateful it was me who saw you, because if it was Johnny you would have been dead." 

Mark took off Jeno's arm and ignored him. He heard his friend sigh in annoyance behind him, but he kept on ignoring him. 

"Hey." Jeno reached him. "Will you stop for a bit?" He placed his hand on Mark's chest to stop him and the older glared at him. 

He wanted to be alone, on the rooftop, but then he soon remembered he wasn't allowed there anymore.  Fuck Johnny, he thought. 

"Look, I know I won't be able to understand what you're going through right now, but we're best friends since I remember." Jeno took a pause before he continued. "You can talk to me Mark, you know that right?" 

Mark nodded. Of course he knew that, but he wasn't prepared for a deep talk. 

"Thanks." He sent him a small smile and Jeno chuckled. "For understanding I mean." 

"Always man." 

The sky was starting to get darker. Donghyuck was leaning over the railing of the rooftop and was looking at the yard and at The Forest. He didn't even realize he was crying until a tear fell on his hand. 

"Why am I crying?" He asked himself and sighed while wiping away the tears. "I shouldn't cry.." 

 A sudden noise made him turn around. The door of the rooftop was swinging, but not because of the wind. His eyes caught the glimpse of a shadow on a wall. Someone was there with him and it wasn't Mark, because the werewolf would have slammed the door after himself. 

"W-Who's there?" 

He tried his best not to sound scared even if he was and he glued his back onto the cold railing. A chuckle was heard everywhere and he cursed in his head because he didn't know where this person was. 

When the hot breath touched the nape of his neck he widened his eyes and jumped from that spot. He fell onto the floor and the creature flew right onto him. 

In the darkness, he was able to see a pair of wide bat wings, a pair of silver eyes and sharp teeth that were shown because of that wild grin. 

One the devil's hands grabbed his neck and Donghyuck felt the sharp claws cutting his soft skin. 

"Should I kill you or not? That's the question little angel."