"The fuck you mean a break? Y'all only been here for like 3 hours. Get y'all asses up! The fuck. Got bitches sleep on the couch and shit like this is just y'all place. Who down there running y'all?" I said waking up the girls on the couch.

"Your dad." I heard one of the girls say ad I froze in my tracks.
"My dad? He's here?" I said and a wave of nervousness washed over me.

"Yeah he came in about 2 hours ago. He's looking for you by the way." One of the niggas said and I threw my head back.

I looked at Andre and he shrugged.
"Still. Get off y'all ass and do some work. I don't pay y'all for nothing." I said and I heard somebody smack they lips.

"You don't even pay us enough for the shit we do. Sin's people get payed triple the amount we do-" The one nigga started.
"I don't give a fuck what that nigga is doing. My trap my fucking rules. Don't like it? Step." I said quickly shutting shit down.

Although, on the inside I knew that they were right. I don't pay them enough. But I just got outta jail 4 months ago, I don't got it like that no more.

I looked at Andre again and nodded towards the basement door.

We started walking down there and I swear my heart dropped more every step I took.
Ima grown ass man, I shouldn't be scared of nobody. I thought to myself as I opened the door.

"Nice to see you son. You finally made it." My dad said standing from my desk chair before I even noticed him.

"Yeah.... dad. Why are you here?" I said getting straight to the point.
"I can't just stop to drop by anymore?" He said putting hand on my shoulder causing me to jerk back.

"No, you can't. This is my place of work and I have stuff to handle." I said and sat down.
"Nigga what business? Chasing that girl you treated like shit?" He said and chuckled.

I sighed and ran my hand down my face. "Why are you here man?" I said already getting frustrated.
"No but for real, I didn't come here for nothing." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"What dad?" I said getting tired of his presence.
"I came for work." He said and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Work for what? You don't have money?" I said and he almost looked embarrassed for a second.
"I have money. I'm just running out." He said and I scoffed.

He tilted his head to the side. "Is there something funny about that?" He said and I chuckled.
"Does mom know you're here?" I said interested.

"Yes and why does that matter?" He said and I almost laughed a fit.
"Just the fact that you and mom kicked me out when I was 16 because I was a low down bastard who was good for nothing. Now you're here to work for me? How ironic." I said with an amused look.

"Why does that matter now? That was nearly 8 years ago and you're still on that?  Let it go." He said rolling his eyes and my eyebrows raised.
"No way to talk to me like that and you're asking me for a job, father." I said and he let out a breath before sitting back.

"Reggie, please. I'm asking you. And I don't normally ask for shit, I take it. You should know that." He said calmly and it sent a chill down my body.

Only I know that that has a double meaning to it.

"Don't say that shit no more in here. If you're asking for a job you have to get put on the traditional way." I said and he changed his smirk into a frown.

"Don't think just because you're my dad you're going to get special treatment. You gonna get treated the same just like everyone else." I said and he smacked his teeth.