⇞ destination ⇞

Start from the beginning

I understand losing family more than you know.

He sighed at my words and casually as if this was something we both did, grabbed my hand and started walking.

Stop it, stop playing unfair.

"Two months Zephora and I realized I needed no one more than you."

Calm down, heart, he is just too good at this.

"Who told you?" I asked, changing the topic.

"That you were just a maid and not the daughter of the man I hate?"

I nodded. Just a maid,  I wish.

"Ermeline."

"The princess told you?"

"She adores you by the way, when she heard about the marriage she came in furious even before I was about to cancel the wedding, she gave me one more reason to do so. And now I realize the amount she cares for you and how she fled from the tower she was locked in, I don't detest her that much either."

For some reason, tears rolled down my eyes. Even if King of Udairis killed my family too, I can't hate the princess as well. She was my only friend when there was no one. Being her maid gave me a comfortable life compared to other slaves.

"Is she still roaming around in that pirate outfit?" I asked fondly remembering her.

He nodded chuckling as well.

"That is why I could detect power around her, she holds the water ability."

I nodded not explaining to him how her brother is the actual owner of the water kingdom power.

"Welcome back from a successful mission Zephora," Markheen greeted us not sure how she knew that she could call out my name in front of Nazereth.

"You knew?" Nazereth asked with a frown.

"I was friends with her mother and that is the reason I protected her when you threw your own wife in the dungeon."

He winced dramatically, "Don't remind me."

Markheen looked taken aback as her eyes noticed our hands together.

"Also, I will stay here as long as my wife lives here." He just stated it casually in a tone he used with his friends and family way back.

He slowly changed, slowly healed but why?

If Markheen was surprised before, she was shocked now but she slowly nodded not refusing the fire master.

Markheen clicked her fingers and two women came rushing out. They stopped in tracks shocked to see Nazereth and didn't even hide that they were ogling at him. I tried not to feel jealous and remain nonchalant in my pretended anger.

He was good looking enough to make head turns.

"Girls, focus. Arrange a room for the King." She said and girls' eyes widened more because blood assassins wouldn't entertain royalty.

But they nodded giving Nazereth a dreamy smile which he ignored coldly like he was the Nazereth I met the first time.

"Highness you can go and take a rest, while I talk with Zephora."

He looked at me if he wanted to do what I wanted, so I slowly nodded feeling awfully comfortable while holding his hands.

Letting me go finally he walked towards the resting chambers. As soon as he was gone with Morel following him like the traitor he was, Markheen walked closer to me and asked in a hushed whisper as if Nazereth would hear, "He changed, but just for you."

She noticed too, the selective warmth he was giving.

"Something changed in two months."

"He realized he couldn't live with you and that he could only be himself around you."

So for the two months, he felt suffocated and felt like he lived among strangers just like I did and he was in his own home. And again I felt sympathy and pain for him. But suddenly I realized not only he felt better but I have healed myself a little bit too.

Maybe I needed him just like Morel said.

So first of all, guys stay safe, stay inside and like just read wattpad and avoid people xD 

Secondly, I went home for a week so I could not update you on the Serendipity. So I am really really sorry.

Thirdly, on scale of 1-10 how swoon-worthy is Nazereth at the moment. hehe

AND finally, HAPPY READING!

-