⇞ destination ⇞

Start from the beginning

His words were just as skilled and sharp as his sword work and all I could do was ignore it and pretend that they were not affecting me.

He then turned towards Darren who embraced him before mounting his own horse and bid us farewell.

"Like I said I will go wherever you go." I was staring at his warm eyes and a small smile and for a second remembered his lips on mine.

I blinked and snapped back to reality groaning at the dilemma I was in.

"Do whatever you want," I mumbled trying to sound angry and annoyed.

"Okay, but it turns out I don't have a horse since I came with Darren. I need to ride with you." The impish grin he gave made me speechless for a second which he took for a yes.

 The Nazereth with no boundaries and hesitation was dangerous. He was not even realizing that his proximity was causing havoc in my heart. I could feel the warmth roll of his strong chest on my back and his arms on either side. I should have got down and sat behind him but now I couldn't speak. 

"Can we have a little distance between us Your Highness?" I asked in a constrained voice.

"Why, I am comfortable." He said and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I gulped and my heart threatened to break out of my chest.

My ears, neck, and cheeks were burning.

"I am not," I muttered with some difficulty.

And he bent his head down lightly grazing his lips on the back of my neck. I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming out loud as my stomach curled within me.

He was brazen now and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Just because we are married doesn't mean you can do anything that you want."

That was lame as soon as I said. He was using marriage as an excuse just like I was to protect him, he loved me and he knew well enough that I loved him and he was using this to his advantage.

"Okay, so you can go around asking for kisses from me assuming that you were dying each time and try to seduce me in your drunken state but I can't even do this." His light tone made me realize he was teasing me.

But his words held some truth.

I groaned at my weak heart and mind around him.

He then gently kissed my shoulder blade and desire unfurled in my chest.

"Relax Zephora, it's just a few hours ride."

Yeah, in a few hours I might suffer from heart failure.

"You live with Blood Assassins for two months and you got no news about me." He asked as we reached our destination.

Fergie gave me a light bow and left us while Morel looked at me.

"You can go, you know I won't allow any harm to come to her." 

I loved morel at that moment to gave Nazereth a bored glare like I was already suffering enough because of him.

Tell him the truth in time princess and I will help with everything else.

And with that advice, Morel left.

"I didn't want to know about you more than the fact that you were alive. After all that I said and it did, it took you just once misunderstanding to hate me and mistrust me. It hurt me more than you can imagine and I was afraid that maybe you don't need me, what you need was a princess with power who can help you with revenge."