A Little Party Never Killed Nobody

After a five hour shift I change into some safe skinny jeans and a loose sweater. I don't want the 'Luke-ster' to try anything.

I call missy and she is ecstatic by the invitation, "OMG. We NEVER get out any more, pick me up in ten!"

Our movie plans have been aborted.

When I get to her house, which is two minutes away, she twirls in her high waisted shorts combo-ed with a tucked in blue V-neck, "what do you think?"

"Were you going for classy slut?"

"You know me too well," she comments while she slides into the passenger seat.

We catch up on our day of separation.

When we pull up to the jammed parking lot, I call Lucas.

"Sunshine if my soul," he begins.

"Creeper of my window," I reciprocate.

He laughs, "you here?"

"Yeah, parking lot."

"I'll come find you."

He shows up looking good, dark jeans and a navy polo shirt.

"This is Missy," I introduce him to my best friend.

"Hey," he says as politely as you can say hey.

Missy hugs him. Which is apparently the norm for her, as she hugs a few of Lucas's other friends he introduces us to on the walk, I just go with the mundane handshake (I'm mainstream, I know).

"So how come we've never seen you around before?" Missy asks.

"I go to East Edge," he explains, "but since Slate moved over here, I've been hanging around this area a lot."

Once Slate's name is mentioned, Missy gives me a suggestive eyebrow raise, I elbow her in response.

So Slate goes to my highshool. I'm not all as upset as I should be.

"So are we meeting him here?" Missy asks and I glare at her.

"Yeah," says Lucas.

When we get to one of the fire pits lined up that Lucas reserved for us Slate stands up quickly from where he was sitting, "what is she doing here?"

His voice is venomous and his jaw clenches. Hot.

"I invited her," says Lucas, "cool down bro," he whispers something unintelligible into Slate's ear.

"This is awkward," I observe aloud.

"It wasn't before," Slate says under his breath.

"Wow, you weren't kidding," whispers Missy.

They say they'll be getting food and walk away together.

Wow. I did not expect that. You want what you can't have, what a true statement! The attraction grew. No. It multiplied. When he was being a complete bad word, I liked it? Heaven help me. Must be sensible. My hormones are killing me.

We are waiting for five minutes when the wailing starts. Let me restate that, SHRIEKING. Right around the area that Slate and Lucas walked away to. Missy and I stand up, alert and ready to run.

"What was that?" she asks, death gripping my arm.

"I have no idea, lets go check it out," I say, walking towards the noise of terror.

"Are you crazy?" she yells.

"No, just curious," I say back.

Something about that sound is familiar, and for some reason, I don't feel afraid.

"Fine!" she yells and stomps to catch up to me.

We arrive to the small snack shack a few minutes later, "I love you to pieces girl, but this is where I stop following you into a possible crime scene," Missy anounces.

"It's okay, stay here, I'm just going to look and come back," I reassure her.

"You are psycho."

"I know"

The wailing begins again and I follow it to the back of some public bathrooms, to find a man laying on the ground. Slate is next to him holding his kneck, looking like he is threatening him. When the man fights back, Slate throws some kind of liquid at him and the wailing proceeds. The man is in so much pain. After the third round of what looks like torture, I yell.

"Stop!"

Slate looks up at me and glares,

The man gets up and runs away.

"What are you doing, don't you know what you just let go? That was a va-" He stops himself.

"What am I doing?" I say, "What are you doing? Why were you hurting him? How were you hurting him?"

"Don't worry about it, you should leave," He tells me, he looks annoyed.

"Not without an explanation," I say stubbornly.

"Aren't you scared? Afraid I might hurt you too?" He asks in yet again, that condescending tone of his.

I consider it, but am too prideful to admit it, "Hate to break it to you, but you aren't as scary as you make yourself out to be."

He raises his eybrow as if he can see right through me, "Just forget you saw anything and I'll let you go safely."

"No."

***

Slates POV

What an idiot. Letting the Vamp get away like that. Mortals are the worst. The ones that aren't going for a bad cause have to be so high and mighty.

This one Victoria keeps showing up in bad situations. Thanks to Lucas. Gosh I brought you back and all I ask is that you let me do my job in peace.

Dang she's cute though. So brave and a nice little thing she's got behind her. But still mortal.

Unfortunately the Council assigned me to keep a close look on her just in case she begins to catch on, or starts to remember. I realize after this situation, I haven't been doing the greatest job.

***************************************

Depending on the storie's response i'll continue. Otherwise.. Well you get the point. I'm not really feeling the writing to the vacant audience scene. So if you want it to continue please vote, comment, etc. for the love of Gandhi.