Days are lame

"Icy hot? REALLY."

I run down the stairs to the kitchen in excitement, for my prank, where Slate is gargling water.

"Victoria. Why," It isn't really a question rather than an exclamation.

"Does it hurt?" I ask giggling.

He looks at me, not amused, "No, but it doesn't taste good either... Now I have to go to the grocery store."

Slightly disappointed I frown, not because of the grocery store, but the lack of pain, "oh."

I have never tried icy hot on food so I wasn't sure if it would have the same result as other places.

"Oh? You ruined the turkey!"

This time I full on laugh, leaning on the island for support, "I didn't know you were so passionate about your lunch meat."

He crosses his arms staring at me blankly and then rushes towards me, I gasp and back into the table, bringing my arms to cover my face by habit.

His face softens for a second after seeing my reaction and then he acts as if I didn't just freak out like he was going to hurt me,

"Don't ever mess with my honey roasted turkey again or you will pay."

I come out of my trance and then burst into laughter again, killing the intensity from a second ago, "Okay Slate," I put my hand on his shoulder, "If you want I can go pick up the turkey for you?"

"Nice try."

I walk back upstairs worried that my reaction was too obvious that I have been in that situation before, but content that Slate didn't say anything about it.

***

My routine is simple for the next few of days.

Wake up when I feel like it, breakfast, run, watch, lunch, watch, plot, dinner.

And occasionally do a prank or something that will get on Slate's nerves when I feel he deserves it.

Slate comes and goes and gets pissy, but doesn't really ever converse with me.

So I don't make an effort either.

Honestly my favorite times of the day are when Lucas stops by, it's not for very long, but he actually talks to me.

Or does a poor excuse of flirting.

***

"Dang Gina is that a new outfit?" Lucas comes into the kitchen where I am munching on raisin bran (one of the sweetest things in Slates crappy cupboard)

I look up at him not amused, "I don't leave."

He sits down, apparently oblivious to how off putting his comment was to me,

"Looks good."

I give him a look.

"What? A man can't stare?"

Suddenly Slate joins us in the kitchen too with a stale expression,

"No, a man can't stare."

"Come on dude, we know you think she's hot too," Lucas says.

I ignore the compliment knowing that Lucas just wants a rise out of me and wants to make Slate uncomfortable.

"Attraction has nothing to do with it, I was assigned to watch her, not both of your behaviors."

***

So Slate doesn't like us 'flirting'. All the better reason to do so.

What? I am in mid- rebellious stage.

Lucas comes over to the house for hour increments, sometimes twice a day, I hear him come in and Slate talks to him in a hushed tone through the door. On Tuesday they caught me spying though, and now they speak in one of the rooms that I am not aloud in.

Despite what the majority of the population might think, being stuck in a house all day with a sexy beast sucks.

And not the kind of sucking you might imagine.

I hate it here, and I miss my friends and playing soccer.

And I'm homesick. How is my family bearing to manage without me?

So despite the possible impending danger, I still plan escape. Honestly, I'd rather be in danger than stay in this hell hole called a house. I get bored.

And without school, I feel like I am going to get dumber. It has only been a week since I left home, but just knowing I won't be coming back makes me realize certain things. There are documentaries that I watch every so often (actually rarely, like I have only watched two since I have been here), but I just get like, so bored.

My mindset is not completely like that though (I am still a teen), it feels good to take a break from all of the stress and drama of school. I just think about deep stuff in my biggest fits of boredom.

But it still sucks.

Currently, I am sitting at the kitchen table whining to Slate,

"Let me go outside for like one second.... Pleeease!?"

He doesn't budge, just like he hasn't for the passed hour,

"No."

"I'm gonna lose my tan! It took me an entire summer to perfect this skin tone, what will Lucas look at when I am all the wrong shade?"

Anger hints in his face, "An even better reason to not go."

I groan, "can I have my question now?"

We started this thing where if I am good, I earn a question. It's part of the very little conversing we have. But I only get one once a day and, quoting Slatespear himself, "No guarantee I'll answer it."

He's lame.

And I really haven't found anything out because I use the same question every day, and he never fails to answer it vaguely.

"Why are you keeping me here? In detail?" I urge.

"I already told you, it's for your own protection."

And there Slate goes again, repeating the record for the fifth day in a row. Where is the originality? The poetic justice?

"Why can't I go outside?" I slide in another question.

"Protection," He says plainly.

I groan again knowing it's not the fun kind of 'protection' and throw my head back in irritation when a knock sounds the door.

"You just used three of your questions in one day. I'm taking away the next three now," he stands up to walk to the door.

"I hate you."

"Sucks to suck, doesn't it?"

GTFO Slate. GTFO.

************************************************************************

I am the worst human being on the face of this earth.

I am so sorry. This update it so late and short. I have been so busy lately I hope you will forgive me...

I wanna thank my fab friend Eliza for this cover... cute huh? I love it. I advise all of y'all who want covers to pm her to make your cover because she makes them so cute! @elizapowell

And read @sofalofa and @karichexmix 's stories. They are great.

I hope that even though you all probably hate me that you'll

Vote

Comment

Fan

Anyway.

That was too much to ask huh? I know I'm awful and I want to apologize one more time.