44. The Teddy Bear

Start from the beginning

Then the twins stuffed her body with the gold coins they had on hand and told the rest of the noble students that if they were able to beat the money out of the stuffed body like a piñata...they would be able to keep all of it.

And so the rest of the nobles enjoyed their tea party...by playing black-hearted and psychotic games.

Lilly was ignorant of all of this, of course.

Out of all the ways to die...the twins' method of killing me was the absolute darkest...and was probably second to only Mattius/Deux method of killing me slowly and painfully over a span of months.

No matter how the twins acted...they were ruthless deep down on the inside and were not to be underestimated.

They were powerful and smart businessmen and did not care about anyone but themselves in the slightest.

Only Lilly was able to grab their interest.

And...right now...I just...slammed one of their heads down on a table.

This was bad.

Really bad.

I could already see my destruction flag in front of me.

I messed up.

I'm going to die.

"...and next is the lady with the aqua hair and sapphire eyes," Mr. Bloodsworth said with a point towards me as I quickly snapped back into reality.

Shoot.

I wasn't listening to the teacher at all.

I stood up sharply in my seat and looked around the class for hints.

"Uhh...I-" I muttered as I tried to figure out what was happening.

"Introduce yourself," Lilly whispered under her breath to help me out.

Thank you, Lilly!!!!!

"My name is Cordelia de Boren Cyllia. I hope to get along with all of you this year," I said loudly and clearly as I pretended to be a proper noble lady.

I could hear whispers flood the room as the rest of the students finally realized who I was.

"She's the future crown princess of Silverbell...?!" one noble kid whispered loudly to his friends.

"...She's n-not...s-single..." another kid cried as he sniffled.

"Idiot. She was in her own league in the first place," the other noble kid said with a sigh.

"But I heard some rumors about Lady Cyllia..." one noble person brought up.

"...Me too," another kid nodded.

"Apparently...she..." one of the nobles whispered quietly to the point where I couldn't hear the rest of what he said.

There were rumors about me?!

Why.

Well...I was the future crown princess after all...so it was inevitable that there would be at least a few rumors about me.

"And what are your magic attributes?" Mr. Bloodsworth asked as he urged me to continue.

"Yes, my attributes are-" I tried to say before I felt Florence stroke my leg with his hand under the table.

"Shh...Lia...Let's not say too much here...okay?" Florence said with a sadistic wink as he held one finger to his lips in order to silence me.

It was only then that I realized that I should lie to the class about my magic.