05 • nightmares

'You're beautiful because you know your own darkness and still, that alone doesn't stop you from. Finding your own light'

 Finding your own light'

* 3 years ago *

I have been following Matthew for over an hour and I am getting annoyed not knowing where he was taking me.

Why do I have this feeling that this was not going to be something bad, even though I should feel the opposite. Maybe this was meant to be and Matthew's sudden appearance was to serve a purpose in my life, I thought.

It feels weird calling him Matt, I would rather call him by his full name.

I heave out a tired sigh and stop following him. "Where are you taking me?" I ask him.

He notices that I have stopped following him and have been standing still for over a minute. He turns around and smiles sheepishly at me.

How oblivious to his surroundings was he? I think and scoff at the irony. I was pretty sure he said something pretty similar to me before.

"We are going to where I live." He replies, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, and I shoot him a blank face. "Where do you live genius?" I ask him sarcastically and he replies glancing around at our surroundings.

"Among humans but you can find some lone wolves here and there." I nod my head.

Thank god, I would only have to face some lone wolves and not a pack or even worse rogues. I shudder thinking about my almost death experience on meeting one.

"Come on, it's only like ten minutes away." He says and starts walking towards wherever we he is taking me, and I follow him wordlessly.

We walk for about a few more minutes before Matthew stops walking and I almost run into his back. Thank goodness for werewolf senses.

I step towards the side and gape at the building in front of me. Ii is more like a condo. It was beautiful from the outside and I am sure it would be even more beautiful on the inside.

He led me inside and I was not disappointed at all. It was very luxurious but had a homey feeling to it. It had wood finishing and was modern looking.

The furnishings added to the beauty and every detail was carefully selected and quality crafted. There were four bedrooms, each with a bi-level balcony overlooking the forest.

There was a kitchen with modern supplies and utensils, a living room with plush carpeting and a comfy looking couch and let's not forget a home theater and swimming pool. Is this heaven?

When Matt showed me my room, I was delighted to find that it was furnished in my favorite color, royal blue. The walls were a deep blue and had the wallpaper of waves depicting the ocean. It had a soft white rug on the floor which was so soft I could sleep there in that moment.