Chapter 7: Fear and Malice

Y/N P.O.V.

I see everything through my spiders. Everyone's been separated, and I don't know how I can help... The spider-drones can fire off electric webbing, so I just have to perform setup, and put them on autopilot. As soon as I've finished with this, I file away the drones' camera feeds into another file in the corner of my vision. My spider sense's going off. Someone's behind me.

(Villain) - Hey, Spidey!

I turn on my heel, and web the villain by his hands, before tossing him into the shipwreck zone. Given that his quirk was centered in his chest by the looks of him, he's not going to last in there without help.

(???) - Impressive. Very impressive.

I turn to see the one villain I've been preparing myself for. Twelve years since I last saw him.

(Y/N) - Taskmaster...

(Taskmaster) - Spider-Man...

He takes two steps forward, and I step to the edge. I've got the advantage here. Taskmaster's been an old-age enemy to the Spider-Men since his youth, and every time, each Spider-Man has shown him something different. He doesn't know that my strategies and environmental awareness are my bread and butter. He doesn't know I'm packing the iron spider arms.

(Taskmaster) - So. Where do we go from here, newcomer?

(Y/N) - Down.

I launch one web at Taskmaster's chestplate, and another to a nearby cliff. I jump off the edge, and swing along one line, dragging the Taskmaster with me, and throwing him to the ground. He doesn't have the time to recover before he makes a small crater in the ground, and I fire off a pair of trip mines. As he gets up, he triggers them both, but before they can snare him, he uses his sword to tear up the webs as they try to reach him. I let go of my web before swinging into him, effectively slamming my feet into his sternum. We both tumble to the floor, and get to our feet.

(Taskmaster) - You're just like your predecessors. You still pack a huge punch.

(Y/N) - That just means I still have room for improvement.

He jumps up into the air, before using explosions to propel himself into me. Dammit.

He used his quirk to copy Katsuki.

He manages to land a punch to my gut as I slam my knee into his mask, cracking it.

(Taskmaster) - Hehehehehe... Very impressive, Y/N.

...Wh-what?!

(Y/N) - How do you know my name?!

He brings his blade across my chest, barely grazing my suit. I jump back, before rocketing myself toward him, allowing my extra limbs to unfold from my suit. When the both of us land, he's flat on his back. My feet are digging into his stomach, my right hand is wrapped around his throat, the left is raised to strike with my paralytic venom if he struggles, and my iron spider arms stand poised, prepared to dig into his ribs if I give the order.

(Momo) - Y/N!

(Y/N) - Huh?! Momo?! Jiro?!

In my distracted state of mind, the Taskmaster manages to get a good blow to my stomach, and knocks me back. I quickly get to my feet, and stare the Taskmaster dead in the face.

(Y/N) - How... do you... know my name?!

(Taskmaster) - ...You really wanna know?

He removes what remains of his broken mask, and reveals his face.

No... no... no... no... no, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO!

(Uncle Odre) - I've been keeping an eye on you for years.

My whole world comes crashing down on me. I can't move. I can't breathe. The man had been presumed dead... What reason would he have had to kill his own family?! He reaches to the communicator in his ear, and speaks.

(Uncle Odre) - Kurogiri. It's time for me to go. Get me a gate.

A black mass opens up behind him, and he looks me dead in the face before speaking.

(Uncle Odre) - Don't worry about it, Y/N. You'll see me again soon.

He steps through the black mass, and disappears. My stomach churns. My mind won't stop racing. Eventually darkness clouds my vision, and my consciousness fades. 

Why...?

What could have been his motive?

Why would one of the men who raised me kill the people he and I both loved?

Why the hell would he do this?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

696 words. Not too bad. I hope you all enjoy this, and the plot twist that came with it.

I hope you all have a wonderful (time of day), and I'll be posting more chapters soon!