FIRST THING I KNEW ABOUT YOU: YOU CAN'T SMOKE

Really. You really don't. I first saw you lighting a cigar in the abandoned tree house near the campus, with balcony at the side and a hanging footbridge connecting the mainland to the front door. It seemed so dangerous but soon we called it "OURS".

I saw you just huffed, puffed and coughed. It was so funny how you try it all over again and fail. I'm sure you didn't know you had company because you were startled when I told you: "You know, SMOKING will KILL YOU." (emphasizing tone on the words SMOKE and KILL).

You threw it to the floor instantly and stepped on it. You then said: "Yeah, I know. This is my first time to do this. My friend Alex gave this to me earlier today. He told me to light it up when I'm stressed."

I chuckled and mouthed, "No wonder".

You read through the words and chuckled with me.

Then you said: "I haven't seen you anywhere in the campus nor here before. How did you find this place?"

I said that I was looking for the best WIFI spot because I need to respond to my commenter at my blog.

"Oh! You do the blog thing? What's your name?"

"Sorry, I like to keep my name to myself. And I don't specifically give it to strangers."

"You don't know me? Because its not being a stranger if you know my name, Miss 'I like to keep my name to myself'".

Of course I know you! I can't believe how you even thought for a second that I don't! Everyone here at Edison High knows you, Adam Lander. And I, being a transferee, is no exception. I saw your face plastered all over the campus this morning, my first day here. You're the Jock who is running for president. And I bet you are a football player with just a very wild guess (Kidding, its obvious coz you were wearing your uniform in those posters). And I bet you'll win because you were running against the geek who doesn't even know how to smile properly with braces on (I think he just got it. I knew the feeling). And you'll win 'coz you are popular and all that. (I just blabbered these exact words in your presence. Embarrassing.)

"Thanks for your confidence in me. But that's the reason why I'm stressed out. I'm not really sure if I'll win. Sure, I've got friends, but I've got frienemies too- that's how my sister call it. And some think they'll vote wisely if they'll vote for the other guy. Being popular has its disadvantages. Some think I'm just an air head trying to get more popular. But I really want to make a difference, you know?"

"Well, with that speech, you definitely have my vote."

You lightened up like a child getting his Christmas gift. Then, I got infatuated with you right away. Easy as that. I bet girls are drooling over you and I will be one of them soon. Crap! What happened to hating guys so you can get through high school wihout a crush or a boyfriend???Anyway, you snapped me out of my daydream by saying:

"CHARLOTTE".

"Excuse me?"

"CHARLOTTE. This is the name I will call you from now on because you are too selfish to give me your name."

"Are you serious? CHARLOTTE is an old classic cartoon character!"( I didn't believe you knew that. It was one of my favorites in my childhood.)

"Yeah, 'coz you said you were a transferee from far away you are also too selfish to share, so I imagined that you were raised by your grandpa in a small cottage on top of the hill, pasteuring sheeps or cows, let's say, in New Zealand? And don't ask me why I knew this. Please".

I laughed soo hard because you almost got everything right, I'm just not sure whether its New Zealand. And I already pictured you having been forced by your little sister perhaps to watch it, since she probably hid the remote.

"In that case, I'll call you CHOLO. Just to be fair- you, calling me Charlotte by the way".

"Ooh, why CHOLO? Might I ask?"

"Cholo was the lead character in one of those Korean Series, my friend, Angela, was obsessed with. She's a Filipina, you see, and Korean culture was surprisingly hit in their country. Even though she wasn't there for a long time, she's trying to keep up. Her cousins sent her the link in the internet where she can watch Cholo, for FREE."

"Well, if Angela is a Filipina, there's 50% chance I might know her. I don't see why CHOLO is a suitable name for me. I'm not Korean for starter."

Yes, I know. You look more like how I would picture Prince Charming.

"Well, you do have something in common. Girls surely drool over you." Embarrassing. Stike 2.

You smiled. Oh you also have the cutest dimple in your left cheek! Its like you are God's gift to girls!

"Are you one of them? 'Coz I'd be honored if you do."

Shut up! I have nothing to say to that.

"I guess I better go, Cholo (before I strike 3). Its getting dark. See u around. Goodluck with your campaign."
I said, hurrying to get out of this sinking swamp.

"See you here tomorrow? Same time?"

"Maybe.."