Chapter 15 [Play Charade]

Start from the beginning

“Why not?” He debated, looking very dissatisfied at my refusal.

“Because, this looks very expensive and I don’t like to receive expensive gifts from people.” I tried reasoning with him but he just seemed to be annoyed and confused.

“That’s ridiculous!” he grabbed my hands and made me take the phone. “And return the one you borrowed from Ryui. I don’t like my girlfriend to use someone else’s phone, fake girlfriend or not.”

With the he turned his back on me and went out the door, leaving me standing at the doorway with the black box with me. I sighed, someone seriously should fix the attitude of the boy, regardless that he’s actually the prince. Plus, I was a bit surprised. Didn’t Ryui tell him that I had returned the phone weeks ago?

I turned round the corner of the hallway and proceeded till the end to find a door stood ajar. Beyond the door there was a balcony. This place was hidden and I was told that lately Alex was spending his time here, alone. I thought that it was the perfect time for me to have a little talk with him.

“Great view from up here.” I stepped out to the balcony with Alex having his back to me. I made no noise, and till I spoke he most probably didn’t know that anyone was around, it was apparent on his face as he turned around.

The expression on his face was priceless but I held back the smile. He huffed and tried to get away but I knew that was coming so I blocked the exit.

“Tell me Stockholm, when are you going to talk to me again?” I questioned, hands on my hips. He said nothing and turned his back to me again, giving me the silent treatment.

“Look Alex, you got to drop all of this and talk to me!” I stepped nearer. My fingers itched to touch him but I knew better not to. “I missed you.” I whispered.

Still nothing. Frustrated, tears began welling again. How can he be so difficult? I bit my lips, holding most of the tears at bay, wiping the ones that managed to escaped, tainting my cheeks.

“Fine, go on ignoring me. Have a good life.” I snapped, voice trembling. That was when he finally spun on his heels. Dark eyes collided with mine and the corners of his lips turned up into a humorless smile.

“Why are you crying Addams?” he asked.

“Because you’re being a prick Stockholm, an impossible prick.” I muttered through the cascading tears. Alex let out a small chuckle and stepped near to wipe my tears away with his white handkerchief.

“Well, you broke my poor heart so…” he said with a smile.”I think I deserved to be an impossible prick.” I let out something that sounded like a cross between a giggle and a sob. I was relieved that he was finally talking to me, so very relieved that I felt like a burden was lifted off me. Mean girls can bully me all they want; I don’t care as much as long as I had Alex with me.

After that, I told him the truth. I thought he was not buying it but he surprised me by nodding to everything I said.

“It make sense.” He said after I had finished.

“What does?” we were walking to our class now, side by side. Eyes were on us as we proceeded down the hall but neither of us cared.

“You don’t look like you’re happy sometimes. You don’t look like someone who’s in a happy relationship.”

I smiled and pushed him in the arm. “So if you’ve seen that why didn’t you talk to me?”

“I wanted you to corner me and tell me yourself.” he smirked. “I almost given up hope, you’re taking way too long.”