Chapter 39 [The Beginning and The End]

• Dedicated to all of my awesome readers... three cheers for the end

My roommate is the world biggest jerk39

Chapter 39 [The Beginning and the End]

5 years later…

The clank clank clanking sound of five inch high sling back peep toes Manolo Blahnik made was simply music to my ears. After a few hours flight from New York to Claymore however, I was ready to kick away my shoes and dipp my feet into a hot bath. With my luggage in tow I made my way from the arrival gate of Claymore International Airport along with other passengers. While other people mile around waiting for those people with a placard with their name on it, I wasted no time and headed straight to get myself a cab.

While I waited for a car a few heads turned my way, fingers pointed and hushed whispered were heard. It had been made public worldwide that I was engaged with the crown prince of the country, for five years now. For a while I gained unwanted notoriety, it was unaccepted that the engagement was to be dragged that long. I was used to have my picture plastered all over tabloids and papers but that was the first time I was ridiculed and scorned.

The saving grace of the situation had been when the Queen stepped out and commented over the ordeal. Her approval was all I needed and apparently, what the tabloids needed before another scandal between Aiden and me erupted.

There were too many to name: once he was spotted kissing a Bulgarian model, I was photographed with Ryan exiting a London nightclub and countless others including when we took a short break three years ago.

Shaking away memories I dug into my handbag fished out a dark sunglass and settled it over my eyes. a quick glance and I found that I was being photographed. Over the course of time plus due to the fact that I was living overseas my popularity had dwindled. But every time I come back home I can never escape the lens of paparazzi. So a girl had to be prepared: if I was going to end up in tabloids I better look good in those glossy pages.  After waiting for a few minutes, a cab stopped right in front of me and the driver got out.

“Where to miss?” a middle aged man greeted me with a tip of his cap.

“Dominicane Suburban?”

“Sure thing.” He offered to take over the charge of my trolley and pointed over to his red and white Claymore city cab. I smiled gratefully and made my way to the cab, opening the door and slid inside. It was drizzling outside, welcoming the arrival of fall. The September air was cool and the interior of the car was warm.

Suddenly a bottle of water was offered my way. Looking sideways I realized that I was sharing a cab with another passenger. I took off my sunglass to have a better look at the man sitting beside me. He was handsome, dressed in casual wear of t-shirt and jeans lounging at ease beside me. His dark hair quaffed and gleamed and sensuous lips curled into a slow dazzling smile.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I don’t realized this cab had been taken.” I said, raking my hair with my fingers. It seemed that I was worn-out from that flight more than I realized.

“That’s fine. I don’t mind sharing.” He said with a hint of smile. The friendly glint on his eyes shone warmed me inside out. Despite of my exhaustion I found myself smiling.  

“That’s very kind of you.”

“Its no problem at all.” He replied. At that point he leaned close and threw his hands around me, almost pulling me into his lap and tipped my head back. Before taking my lips, he whispered into my ear and melted my insides.

“Welcome home baby.”

The cab driver lumbered inside once he had hauled my entire luggage into the trunk. Adjusting his rear view mirror and with a cheerful tone he asked, “Where to this time Prince Aiden, Sir?”