Chapter 11 (edited)

Chapter 11 [Hot Issue]

Fay POV

All I wanted was to do was to lock myself in the bathroom and sat under the shower for hours on end. I wanted the water to clean away all the filth of last night. The thought of the water slowly washing the evidence away was comforting, but I could not even do that. Instead, I had to take my usual ten minute shower, get dressed and head out the door for school.

My hair hung limp framing my face as I combed them before twisting them into a tight bun. My cheek was pale, in total contrast to my puffy red eyes. I wished that I had the luxury to skip school today, to just lie on my bed after the long bathroom session. On my bare bed, as I had yanked the blood stained bed cover before, I was planning on burning it later. My mom won’t be home until tomorrow, I had time.

I always hated the pink monstrosity anyway, always had. But as I thought of my mom, fresh tears began pooling. My mom had bought me that pink eyesore, in an attempt to make my room a teensy bit girly. It clashed with everything that I owned of course, I never had been a big fan of pink.

My heart ached. Everything ached.

No Fay, we are not doing this! I scolded myself as I wiped the tears away with the back of my hand. What happened last night, no matter how stupid, was my fault as much has it was his. I should not act like I was the victim, all whiny and weak. I was responsible, I should know better and now I had to accept the consequences.

“Well, this is as good as it’s gonna get.” Nodding to myself, I head out of my room and locked after myself. I was about to drag my bike and lock my front gate when I finally noticed a black sedan was parked in front of my house, totally blocking my exit.

Then, the dark tinted window rolled down, revealing the last person I wished to see, ever, on the face of the planet. There were no more formalities that I felt I needed to pay or I was obliged to. No, that wall that collapsed last night.

“What do you want?” I shot. Aiden face remained a mask; he did not seem to be disturbed by my rudeness. Good, he shouldn’t.

“Get in.” he said.

“No thanks.” there was no way in hell I was going to, considering that I had the urge to choke him to death if I should ever be in the same enclosed space with him. Oh no, I was not going to be responsible for the death of the crown prince, no matter how big of a jerk he is.

Then, the front window of the car rolled down and from the gap I saw Ryui, sitting in the driver’s seat.

“Hi cutie.” he greeted with a weak smile. I felt as if my fluttering heart was dislodged somewhere in my throat. Great, so he knew. “Come on, get in. there’s something that we needed to talk about.”

Unable to resist the hypnotic power of his startling grey eyes, I got in the car, staying as far as possible from Aiden. For a minute there was only silence, save for soft melodious music coming out of the speaker. Then, Aiden cleared his throat. He was, I noticed, was wearing last night’s clothes still, meaning that he had not returned home and had no attention of going to school today. Must be great being the crown prince, one can skip school as one likes.

“Look, what happened last night…” he began but I interrupted him.

“Don’t bother apologizing.” I snapped.

“I wasn’t going to, it was also your fault as much as it was mine.” he calmly said. I thought that somewhere inside of me, something snapped. But before I had the chance to explode, he continued, “all that I wanted so say is that, it would be best if what had happened… remained a secret.”