Chapter 22: family

(Kya's POV)

"Come one!" Ashton yelled from the front door of Michael's house where I had been staying for over a month "we only have half an hour to do this!" He reminded me as if I didn't know. I finally thought I should grab some things from my parents house and they weren't home at the moment.

All the guys were so understanding of me about what happened and that really got me thinking. everyone until now had judged me about it especially my family. weren't your family suppose to support you in bad times? Mine didn't so I had come to the conclusion that they weren't my family anymore. 5 seconds of summer were now my family and I was stupid to ever leave them.

"I'm coming Ash!" I guess Michael was already in the car. the I there's weren't here because they were at Luke's family barbecue. there was really no need for anybody to come anyway. I wanted Michael to be there and Ashton offered to drive us.

"About time" Ashton giggled as u ran down the stairs. he held the door open as I ran through it.

I got in the car and as expected Michael was already waiting there. he didn't look at all bothered about how long I was taken because he was sucked into a game he was playing in whatever device he was using. "What took you so long?" I asked Ashton when he sat down in the drivers seat.

"Says you" he replayed laughing and pulled out onto the road. I began to grow nervous at the possibility that someone could be home. everyone should be out though.

I quickly shot my attention away from my thought when I felt a hand grasp mine. "there's nothing to be nervousness about, okay, if anyone's there I will be right by your side" I gave him a slight smile. Sometimes it's freaky that he always knows what I'm thinking but it's nice.

"Are you two done being all mushy? I'm afraid I'm going to throw up while driving and that wouldn't be pretty" Ashton said trying to sound serious but you could tell he was holding back laughter. I stuck my tung out at him making sure he would see it through the review mirror.

"We are here" Ashton said pulling up into an empty driveway and I sighed with relief. good, nobody's home. "you guys don't take too long, I would like to make an appearance at Luke's. I'm hungry" and with that Michael and I headed up to the front door of my parents house.

Of course since nobody was home the door was locked so I grabbed the spare key that was underneath the mat. I swear that people who keep their keys in places like that are asking to be robbed or something.

I opened the door walked through and quickly turned the light on. Michael followed me upstairs to my former room.

"Weren't you a cutie" Michael said picking up a photo from the desk of me when I was about 6 years old.

"Yeah, what happened" I said laughing a bit

"You got sexy" he quickly responded and I had trouble wiping the smile that was now plastered on my face. it seemed weird to be smiling considering that we were packing up my stuff from my parents place.

****

I had finished packing my suitcase and Michael being the gentleman he was carried it downstairs for me. I turned all the lights off making sure to lock the door.

We put my suitcase in the boot of the car. I turned around when I heard a car getting close and it was them. my parents were home early. "Michael get in the car now" I said in a worried tone opening one of the doors ready to make a break for it.

"Hey! Get back here!" I hear my father yell as I quickly closed the door.

"Ashton drive!" I yelled when u saw him running towards the car. Ashton tried to pull out but my dad stood in the way.

"Kya! Get out of the car, we just want to speak to you" I hardly believe that. he wants to yell at me and tell me I'm making stupid decisions.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and Michael grabbed my arm "what are you doing" he asked confused and concerned. I shook my arm free and got out of the car.

"Kya, thank you for giving me a chance to speak..." I cut him off.

"I'm not giving you a chance to speak because it's my turn to speak" he tried to but in but I wasn't having it "no, don't interrupt me! To were suppose to be my family and support me but all you ever did was judge me so now that I am old enough to make my own decision's I am leaving. I'm leaving with my real family. they took the time to understand me and helped me through rough times, something that you didn't do. even when they didn't know me they saved me. You don't deserve another chance. you aren't my family anymore."

I then got back in the car and Ashton started the engine up again and to my surprise my "father" stepped out I the way and didn't say a word. he watched us as we drove away. I feel proud of myself for saying that but I almost feel bad. I have never obese seen him without something to say.

"That was amazing ,Ky" Michael said putting an arm around me. didn't notice it before but I was shaking "and you know what? I'm so happy your apart of our family"

"Did you still want to come to the barbecue? Because Luke would completely understand if you didn't go" Ashton said.

"I know he would but I really wanna have a good time right now" then we headed off to Luke's house.