Chapter 17: secrets

I'm laying in my bed reading one of my favourite books when my phone starts to ring. I feel nervous but happy when I see the name Michael pop up on my screen. Before I realise what I'm doing I press answer.

"Hey, Ky" Michael says and I smile missing him saying that name, Ky.

"Hey, mikey " i reply hoping that he missed me saying his name as much as I missed him saying mine.

"Do me a favour?" What kind of favour would he want from me? It's not like he's here.

"Depends on the favour"

"Open your window" I could hear the smile in his voice. iv run to the window hoping it's him. hoping he is standing out there waiting for me and he can hold me in his arms once again.

I hang up the phone when u see his figure standing outside in the darkness. in cover my face with my hands and I feel tears of joy starting to form in my eyes. I run out of the room and down the stairs passing my family as I exit the house who are starring at me like I've lost the plot.

I hear his laughter as I run up to him. he opens his arms ready to catch me as I fly into them. "I've missed you so much, Ky" there it was again. it sends shivers through me when he says my name. I've missed his voice so much. I'm sick of it coming through a phone speaker or a laptop.

"I've missed you too, mikey, so much" I heard footsteps and a door close but I didn't want to let go of him.

"It's nice to see you again Michael" I hear my mothers voice say and we split apart almost impediment.

(Michael's POV)

I don't know why but this women gives me a bad feeling. I don't know what to say to her, I always feel like I'm going to say something to offend her and she will end up doing or saying something horrible to me.

"Would you like to join us for dinner, it's nearly ready" she says with a warm smile but she still gives me the creeps.

I look over to Kya who doesn't look too sure about the idea but I nod my head and follow the women inside.

.

Sitting at the dinner table with Kyas family is all too strange. her mother was being kind but too kind. it was almost creepy how kind she was being. her father was giving me a stare down and her sister kept on smiling at me. as for Kya she just looked nervous.

"So your in a band" her father says still eyeing me like a hawk.

"Yes, I play the guitar" I say then look down at my plate.

"Right" her father says and then it goes back to silence.

"we are going to go upstairs" Kya says when dinner is finished and I couldn't be more happen to get away from this awkward silence.

"Oh no you won't" her father says as I start to stand up "I'm not letting you too out of my sight"

"I'm 17!"kya states raising her voice a bit.

"Look at him! he is not the kind of guy who has good intentions!" Her mother shouts and I am shocked. I have nothing but good intentions.

"He is some bad boy that plays guitar in a band and probably sleeps with a heap of girls than just tosses them away!" hello I am right here I think but I decide not to say anything. "we don't need a repeat of last time" her father says a bit more quietly.

Do they think I'll hurt her like Dion did? "I won't hurt her if that's what your implying" I say in a shocked tone.

"That's not what they are talking about" Kya says looking down at her feet.

"Okay so what are they talking about" I feel out of the loop here like there is a giant secret I don't know about.