39 | bad kind of butterflies

Start from the beginning

Just as Rhena stepped down in their view, all conversation seized. She didn't say anything, or looked at anyone, there was no point on getting something that she knew it would never truly happen.

    Her brothers were there, as well as her dad, Damon, Caroline and Tyler. Initially, they were there to stop her form committing a mistake, but seeing her determine and ready made them bite their tongues.

    "I'm all set" she told them quietly as she set her bag down, clearing her throat. She smiled lightly at them, hoping they didn't hold any grudges against her.

Caroline was the first one to approach, of course. She wrapped her arms around the elemental tightly and let out a sigh "promise me you'll come back soon"

Rhena exhaled, squeezing her tight "I promise" she whispered before they separated. She held her pink finger up, and Caroline chuckled as she wrapped her own finger with hers.

    The two best friends separated, and Tyler approached. He hugged her right and let out a sigh as well, how the tables had turn. He wondered if what he was feeling was how she felt when he left, not knowing if the two would ever see each other. But she didn't stop him, she had resorted his decision, and he was going to do the same.

    "Be careful, Rhen" he whispered before stepping away, standing next to Caroline.

    "I will" she nodded at them, and could help but smile a little wider, looking between the two as she sensed something happening.

"What?" the two asked at the same time, causing her to shrug.

"Nothing" she shook her head, still with the smug on her face.

Before any of them could protest, she turn to her brothers, hugging them both at the same time. It still felt strange not having her other younger siblings with her, but at least it comforted her that they were safe. When they separated, the gave her a smile, trying to tell her that it was okay

"Be careful, whatever you need, just call and we'll get you out of there" Cade put his hand on her shoulder, squeezing it.

Rhena nodded at his words and slowly turn to the other side, where her dad and Damon stood. She let out a small sigh "good bye" she simply said to them. She still didn't forgive them for what they had done.

    Just as she was a kid to turn away towards the door, the voice of her father stopped her before she could move further.

    "Rhena" he called, and she slowly looked back at him "I don't think is a good idea for you to go"

    Damon took a step further "surprisingly, I second that" he pointed at Charles, which he only gave him a glare in response "it's not safe for you to go back, especially now that you are still adjusting"

    Rhena looked between the two, shrugging "I already made up my mind" she smiled lightly "and honesty?" she furrowed her eyebrows, taking her bag and putting it in her shoulder "I'm tired of people making decisions for me, especially by the ones who lied constantly about it"

    "you don't have anything there, it's not safe" Damon still tried, but there was no point.

    Rhena looked back at him "I'll see that for myself" she held her bad tightly as she looked at her brothers and friends "I just need to see them, that's it"