❝𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗮𝘆 𝗜 𝗪𝗮𝗻𝘁❞ ; 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗸

Start from the beginning

So, when he stays for dinner that night, you're already prepared to hear it'll be the last time from your brother later.

"Did you finish your homework?"

"Yes." You freeze in your tracks when he sends you another sharp look.

"Are you sure, or were you too busy sucking faces with your little boy-toy?" He knew you had a natural tendency to get distracted easily and he knew that if you were with your boyfriend, homework would be that last thing to worry about. Especially when he caught you in the position you were in.

"He isn't a 'boy-toy. He's my boyfriend." You defended as he just scoffed and continued washing the dishes.

"Whatever, Y/n. You know you have a major issue with focusing. You expect me to believe that with Mark here you finished it and made sure it was correct? It's one thing to put down a few random answers, but it's a whole new story when they're right, you know." You rolled your eyes at his lack of trust in you. What could you have done to deserve this treatment?

"I did. Whether you believe me or not is your problem." There's a long moment of silence after that. He suddenly turns around, pointing an accusatory finger in your direction.

"You came in that door after school, you threw that bag down and you went straight over to that couch and started kissing him, didn't you?"

"N- no!" You said a little too loud, trying to seem as sure as possible. But there was no use. He knew all.

"Oh, give it up. This isn't the first time this has happened, either. You expect me to believe this time is different? You lied to me, Y/n." He declared, placing some Tupperware in the refrigerator. You frowned when you realized how much more of a parent he's become than an older brother. Before, you could talk to him about any and everything.

But ever since you and he moved from your foster parents and he took you under his wing, he'd become nothing more than a clone of your parents. These days, he spent more time asking about your grades than you personally. And more time worried about what was wrong with your relationship than if you were truly happy or not. (which you were)

"And since you want to start lying and yelling, you can forget about him ever coming back here again." Before you can so much as bat an eye, he's hitting you right in the heart.

"Matter of a fact, you can forget about seeing him at all. You're getting too off-topic and I'm sure he isn't making any efforts to preserve your innocence, is he?" Preserve your innocence-? What the hell was he talking about?!

"If you must know, no. He isn't. There wasn't much there, to begin with. But since it's such a concern, know that he has never touched me that way and he won't until I tell him I'm ready. We've established trust and patience in our relationship. Of course, you wouldn't know that since it isn't even your business!" He keeps his arms crossed over his chest, watching you be angry with him.

"Do you think you're ready?" He suddenly asked.

"What if I am? You going to watch my every move to make sure I don't lose it?"

"I don't feel like I can't trust you all that much right now. So I just might."

"You're fucking unbelievable, you know that? I hate you."

As you're walking away from him, he doesn't waver on his statement.

"Say what you want. Your relationship with Mark Tuan is over. Now get upstairs and finish that homework, Y/n. I don't want to hear anything else from you for the rest of the night!" His voice fades out as you make it further into your room, slamming the door behind you.